Chapter11

Its been a few days - 3 days to be exact - since Luke's true opinion came to light - that he didn't want me there. That he agreed with my brother instead of what I had hoped.

I'd be lying if I said that these last few days hadn't been depressing and I hadn't gorged myself with my 2 best friends, Ben and Jerry. But their ice cream was too good and my need was too great.

I would also be lying if I had said I hadn't had enough of Paige, because frankly I have. In fact, she's boring me to death talking about anything and everything to do with makeup. Or sometimes boys and all that does is remind me of Luke - which I hate.

I hadn't even realised how hard I was falling for him. Or really, that I had fallen at all. But if Ashton had said the same thing that Luke had, I doubt it would have hurt this much. Sure, it would have hurt. But I don't think it would have been this deep and painful.

I realise I'm being stupid and overreacting. After all, he did only say 'Then maybe you should stay away.'

Nope, even just thinking those words it hurts. I wont be doing that any time soon again. I wont be thinking of Luke at all. It will be as if I never fell for him...I wish I hadn't. If I had noticed, I would have stopped myself sooner. Nobody that attractive would ever like me anyway.

I'd like to just hang out with Calum and Ashton. Get rid of my brother and Luke. Calum and Ashton are fun and I don't want to just ignore them. That would be obeying my brothers wishes. Since when did I do that?

That's what I'll do. I'll talk to Calum and Ashton, forgetting any feelings I have toward Luke and ignoring my brothers wishes. It sounds like a plan.

-

I leave my house for the first time in 3 days. Once I had thought of my plan I just got dressed and headed down stairs.

"I see you have left that room of yours. How many centuries have passed?" My dad shouts.

"Three centuries I believe." I call and head to the front door. I feel in a happier mood. Its almost as if I've left my problems in my room, that I no longer carry my worries or disappointments.

I open the door and walk straight into Calum.

"Oh my god. You gave me a heart attack!" I laugh, hitting him on the arm.

"Well that happens to every girl who lays their eyes on me." He gives me a wink and I laugh.

"So why are you here anyway?" I ask, but realising that sounds rude I quickly add "Not in a rude way, I'm just wondering."

"I was just-" He begins but is cut off by a loud Ashton who must have just left the garage like Calum, running up to the door. I've no idea why they're here though.

"Hey Calum, I-" He looks between Calum and me at the door. "Ooh. Right. That's where you went. I understand now!" Ashton gives me a wink before running back to the garage.

I turn back to Calum with an eyebrow raised. "What was that about-"

"CALUM'S FINALLY ASKING SKYLER OUT!" Ashton yells into the garage.

"WHAT THE FU-" I hear my brother scream and the garage door closes.

"Well...I meant to ask you but I suppose you kind of heard what was happening by Ashton's loud screams." Calum sighs and fiddles with the hem of his baggy vest.

"Wait, what?" I ask slightly confused.

"Would you, Skyler Clifford." He gets down on one knee and I cant hold back my giggles. "Take me, Calum Hood. To be your lawfully wedded boyfriend?"