Katelyn Winston

This book is a shout out to my best friend Katelyn who you can follow at mrsdallywinston. She is an amazing writer hope you enjoy!!!!

Katelyn pov
Me when I was younger is the pic up top

I woke up to my father or should I say step father yelling and hollering then suddenly swinging the door open and hearing him yell but I tried to act like I was asleep hoping he wouldn't do anything. "Get up you little bastard! make me some breakfast!" He damanded kicking my bed making me jolt up. I quickly scrambled to my feet scared. Once I got up he left. Oh where's my manners, I don't really have any but my name is Katelyn Winston and I'm 15 years old. My life wasn't always like this in all honesty. My dad died in a plain crash back when I was 6. he was a very nice, I still Remember​ all the fun times we had. Then my mom later remarried to this jerk off. Then my mom died 7 years later in a car accident. Ever since then my step father Ted has been raising me. When mom was around he was sometimes rude but we still got along but it's gone down hill ever since. He picked up a real bad drinking habit. I went down stairs and cooked him breakfast then started cleaning the small apartment. He left for work and I went to my room. I opened my moms photo album.

Flash back

I was 14 going through my moms closet. I found this photo book and dropped it. It had all the photos of me and my brother I didn't completely forget about him but I never did think about him that often. He left when I was 10 tried to take me but my step dad caught me and never let me leave. I wrote a letter to Dallas hoping he would want me.

Dear Dallas

Its Katelyn and I'm 14 years old. I'm still living with Ted and in all honesty it hasn't exactly been rainbows and sunshine. To be honest we've had our rough days but when he goes on a drinking streak we'll then it's everybody's rough day. Most of the time he gets pretty mean and ends up beating me about and i don't ever really know why. I was wondering though if you could consider letting me live with you. I would sure love to see you again Dall. I really need ya and I really do miss you. I hope you been alright.

From your kid sister

Katelyn

i never did get a letter back I just thought to myself how he didn't want me.

End of flash back

I went through all the photos missing my real family. I then started doing my chores. It was about 8 at night and I made my step father dinner but he was drunk. He stumbled in as I was eating dinner and complained his food was too cold to eat and threw the dinner plate. Luckily it missed me and shattered on the wall. "WELL DONF LOOK AT ME PICK IT UO DAMN IT!" He screamed. I went over and started picking it up but then he threw a glass cup at me which shattered and ended up cutting me in a few places. He got up stumbling and barely made it to the couch but once he was passed out I ran to my room. That's it tonight I'm leaving and if Dallas doesn't want me fine, I don't care I'll find a place to stay but tonight I'm leaving.