Change Your Mind?

Katelyn pov
Me and Ponyboy had fun at the library.we got gone with the wind and another book that we're gonna read together. We walked home then saw the boys except Steve sitting in the kitchen at the table.
"Uh hey Katelyn everything cool" soda asked standing up. "ya just went to the library with Ponyboy and got some books" I said as they nodded.
"Hey Katelyn can we talk please"
"Look Dallas I get it you don't want me around I got it you don't have to always remind me and make me feel more miserable then I already am."
"Look Katelyn just give him a chance." Darry asked feeling bad for him. I just nodded and we walked outside.
"So um Sodapop told me about the letter."
"Why did he have to tell you anything you knew about it on your own." I said kind of rudely.
"Well that's the thing I didn't. For all I knew you were either dead or just never wanted to see me. If I knew how bad it was I would have gotten you out of there a long time ago"
"Oh....well even if you did you said you didn't want me!" I said sadly.
"No Katelyn that's not what I meant. it's just you caught me off guard. I just didn't know what to do with you I mean we kinda just met."
"Ya I guess."
"Look what I really meant was I want you to come live with me."