2. Adrien (Marinette)

"Good morning Marinette." Tikki's cheerful voice broke the morning silence. I sat up and stretched. "Another day of school." I enthused with a smile as I hopped out of bed and made my way to the restroom. "You're in a good mood this morning." Tikki noted as  I brushed my teeth.

"Today Miss. Bustier is assigning groups for our next presentation." I paused as I rinsed the toothpaste out of my mouth.

"And you're hoping that you'll be in a group with Adrien?" Tikki asked as she followed me to the closet. I tossed on the first shirt and pair of pants I could find. After I'd brushed my hair, I grabbed my book bag and made my way down stairs.

"Good morning Marinette." My mom greeted as she rushed past me with a tray of fresh croissants. I took one and popped it in my mouth before making my way towards the door. "Woah, what's the hurry?" Papa asked as he pulled some fresh pastries from the oven. "Morning Papa, bye Papa! I'll see you guys later!" I shouted as I stuffed the rest of the croissant in my mouth and hurried out the door.

"Careful Marinette, you're going to choke if you don't chew your food!" Tikki scolded from my purse. I power walked towards school as I scarfed down the rest of my breakfast.

"Hey girl!" Alya waved as she waited by the gate. "Morning Alya!" I called and slowed my pace as I approached her. "Are you excited about the grouping today?!" She asked as we made our way towards the stairs. I was about to answer when a glimmer caught my eye. Adrien's golden hair flickered as he stepped out of his limo and into the sun. "Adrien..." I sighed as he made his way towards us. His hair was disheveled and his complexion a little pale. "Woah Adrien, you don't look so hot." Alya pointed out as he walked past us.

"Alya!" I scolded her. "Morning..." Adrien muttered as he walked straight into the classroom., his gaze on the floor. 

"Woah, did you see that? He didn't even look at us." Alya pointed out as we followed inside. "I wonder if he's feeling ok?" I asked in a low tone, to which Alya responded with a shrug.

(A Few hours later)

"Ok class It's time to pick  groups for the oral presentation you have coming up next week. Let me see..." I clenched my jaw as Miss. Bustier looked around the class. " Chloe, Sabrina, Alix and Mylene, you four will be in a group." I watched as Miss. Bustier wrote down the names she had just mentioned on her notepad. "This is an outrage!" Chloe shouted as she pounded the top of her desk. "I should be paired up with Adrikins, not these losers!" She whined as she gestured to her group.

"Miss. Bourgeois, please control your outbursts unless you want me to give you an immediate fail!" Everyone giggled as Chloe sat down angrily, her arms crossed tightly against her chest."Ok next we'll do Nino, Adrien, Alya and Marinette." My heart nearly jumped into my throat with excitement. "Me, working with Adrien!" I cheered to myself. Alya looked back at me with a smile and flashed me a thumbs up. Nino turned around and waved at Alya, excited to work with his girlfriend. I glanced cautiously over at Adrien and noticed he was laying on his desk, his head over his arms.

(RIIING)

The bell made me look away as it echoed through the school halls. "Don't forget to work on your projects!" Miss. Bustier shouted over the clamoring voices as everyone made their way outside. "So I was thinking, why don't all four of us get together tonight and start brainstorming? How about a movie!?" Alya suggested.

"Yeah! I think that's a great idea babe." Nino  chimed as he draped his arm lazily over Alya's shoulder . I peeked over at Adrien from the corner of my eyes. "Yea I think that's—" 

"I can't" Adrien interrupted. 

I frowned. "Is... everything okay?" I asked cautiously as I reached my hand out, and placed it on his shoulder. For a second I forgot that I was touching the boy of my dreams. He shrugged. "I just can't." He replied as he pulled away. "Adrien, wait dude!" Nino called before following the model all the way to his car .

"Adrien's been a little weird today, don't you think?" Alya asked me curiously.

"Yea, I hope he's okay..." I trailed off just as Nino made his way back to us. "He said he has a lot of stuff to do today, but we can reschedule." Nino said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Poor Adrien, his dad is probably working him down to the bone." He said as he glanced at Alya. She shrugged. "Oh well, guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow." Shortly after that we all parted ways.

"I'm home." I called, as I walked into the bakery. "How was school?" Papa asked as he whisked some batter near the counter.

"Nothing new." I muttered as I picked up a muffin that I had found on the counter. "Remember you said you'd look into college options." I nodded as I made my way up the stairs. "I will." I called down before closing the door.

"Adrien seemed upset about something today, didn't he?" Tikki asked as she hovered beside me. I took a seat at my desk and stared down at my sketchpad.

"Yeah. You know I got the feeling that he was avoiding me?" I admitted, an odd sentiment festering deep in my stomach. Over the years we'd gotten closer. To the point where I could interact with him without getting tongue tied. We'd become friends. So why couldn't he trust me?

Tikki sat on my shoulder. "Maybe you're overthinking again. He just seemed tired to me." The red deity assured with smile as she tried on little hats in the mirror.

"Yeah, you're probably right." I sighed as I studied the posters that decorated my walls. "Don't worry Marinette, I'm sure everything will be alright!" Tikki enthused as she took a piece of the muffin I was eating and put it in her mouth.