26. Decision (Adrien)

My eyes widened as Ladybug pulled me by my bell and pressed her lips against mine. My heart nearly exploded out of my chest. I felt my face boil over as she entangled her fingers in my damp hair. The stars rose as the sun set in the horizon behind us but not even the chill from the fresh autumn breeze could ruin this moment.

The lights illuminated the city around us as they turned on one by one. I could have sworn time stopped as my eyes grew heavy. My body tingled as I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer. She wrapped her arms around my neck and deepened the kiss.

(Beep-Beep-Beep)

She pulled away when her miraculous beeped for the last time. I rested my head against her forehead as we stared at each other breathlessly. "I have to go." She whispered. It was torture to have her pull away from me.

For years I'd longed for this moment. To be able to hold, kiss, love Ladybug; the girl of my dreams, but I didn't fight it. I released her waist so she could stand and watched painstakingly as she twirled her yo-yo then jumped on the edge of the building.

She glanced back at me, her eyes sparkling underneath the Parisian lights, her skin glowing beneath the rising moon. "Bonne nuit, Mon Chaton..." She whispered before swinging out of sight.

I stood there in a daze. My face still burning, my lips still tingling. "Ladybug kissed me..." I said to myself as if trying to confirm it. I sprinted all the way home. Adrenaline rushing through my body as I jumped over buildings. A larg grin framed my face the entire way home.

I jumped through my window just in time for my miraculous to wear off.
"Oh..." Plagg groaned exasperated as he plopped down on my bed. I walked over to the closet and took out some Camembert for him.

"I'm going to take a shower." I said softly, suddenly aware of all the aches from that day's battle. After grabbing some Pjs, I made my way to the restroom.

Shivers racked my body as I peeled off my clothes and tossed them on the marble floor. Plagg gestured for me to go away as he scarfed down his cheese. The warm water felt amazing. I stood under the pleasant stream, floating on air as I remembered the kiss.

I touched my lips with my fingers. It still felt like a dream. "She loves me..." I thought happily to myself as the water trickled down my face and flattened my hair.

"I'm going to tell her. I'm going to tell her who I am." I promised as I finished my shower. After I dressed, I brushed my teeth before walking back to the closet. I pulled out the cat beanie and mittens that she had made for me.

I continued to replay that moment in my mind as I slipped the garments on. Once I'd placed my clothes in the hamper, I made my way over to Plagg who sat on my pillow— his small belly distended.

"You look ridiculous." He teased as he observed me. I rolled my eyes and laid down. "I still can't believe you ate that entire wheel of cheese in one sitting." He glanced at me sleepily.
"Well I can't believe you and Ladybug kissed. Yuck!" He said as he stuck his tongue out. I rolled my eyes.

"You don't know anything about love." I sighed. "Of course I do! I looove Camembert! But if it wasn't for me, that blast of water would have broken  your bones." He reminded as he rolled over and looked at me. I rubbed my chest at the memory.

"Why was I still wet?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Ladybug's miraculous restores damage done by an akuma but whatever happens to you, if it's circumstantial, it won't change..." He muttered before stretching.

"That's what the suits are for. To protect your bodies from harm and all that protection power consumes energy, which makes me hungry!" He said as he rubbed his stomach.

"Thanks, Plagg— for everything." I said as I patted him on the head.
"Okay, okay! You're welcome! Now stop touching me!" He said as he pushed my finger away.
"AAACHOOO!" I sneezed loudly. "Excuse me..." I apologized to Plagg who had been right in my line of fire.

"That doesn't sound good." He ominously commented. I turned away and faced the wall instead. "I'll be fine Plagg." I said as I yawned. "Besides, nothing could possibly ruin this night for me. My lady kissed me today, out of her own volition. She saved my life. She even cried for me..." I trailed off as I flipped around and laid on my back.

I placed my arms behind my head as Plagg leaned against my side lazily. "I'm going to tell her tomorrow Plagg. I'm going to ask her to be mine." I said as another yawn shook me. I glanced sleepily at Plagg who had knocked out while sitting. I snickered as he fell sideways, his round tummy weighing him down.

"Wait for me Ladybug, Marinette..." I whispered as I remembered her face. "Wait for me." I yawned as I closed my eyes and slipped off into a peaceful sleep.