43. Cataclysm (Marinette)

"Cat!" I shouted as I dodged his attacks. "Snap out of it please!" I swung around the school and jumped from roof top to roof top. Cat Noir vaulted closely behind. "Give me your miraculous!" his distorted voice made my heart cringe. "What do I do, what can I..." my mind trailed off as I laid eyes on the Eiffel tower that loomed in the distance. "Maybe if I take him to the place where we first kissed...he'll remember..." I thought hopefully to myself as I focused my gaze on the looming monument. "HAND OVER YOUR MIRACULOUS!" Heart Snatcher roared as she followed us through the air. She was still clutching Cat's Heart in her hand. 

  "Ahhh!" I screamed as she blasted me with another beam. I barely managed to dodge it. I ducked as Cat Noir swung at me with his baton. Without stopping, I threw my yo-yo and wrapped it around the baton, then yanked it away from him. "Cat please! I know you're in there!" I shouted as I jumped down to the street and dashed for the tower. Cat jumped on top of me and pinned me down. "I don't want to hurt you!" I shouted as I shoved him off with my feet. He managed to wrestle his baton away. His eyes glowed dark purple.

    "LADYBUG!" his distorted voice rang in my ears as I jumped up and kept running. "Almost there!" I panted as I flipped and dodged a few more of Heart Snatcher's blasts. Finally, the tower's base came into view. I tossed my yo-yo at one of the beams, and pulled myself up the side of the tower. Civilians were running in every direction, trying to get away from her blasts. I watched horrified as she stole people's hearts. Her blasts seemed to get stronger with every heart she stole. 

       I did a flip just before executing a 3-point landing. A dull thud made me turn around. "Give it up Ladybug!" he hissed as he stalked towards me. "Cat please snap out of it, you're in there, I know it!" I pleaded as I took a few steps back. His face twisted into an evil grin as he lunged towards me. I dodge and aimed my yo-yo at him, he swung it away with his stick. This happened a few times as I flipped and dodged his attacks. "ENOUGH!" I heard him shout as he extended his stick. 

(Ooomf!) I let out a gasp as his stick pinned me up against the tower, knocking the wind out of me. "Take her miraculous!" Heart Snatcher roared as she squeezed his heart. Cat groaned in pain. "Stop it! You're hurting him!" I shouted, my eyes watering. "Give him the earrings or I'll....!" she threatened as she squeezed it harder. "AAAGGH!!" he cried out in pain as he clutched his chest. "CAT!" I shouted as he doubled over in pain. "Alright, just please stop hurting him...!" I said as I raised my hands to my ears and took off the earrings. 

"Marinette! No!" Tikki scolded as my transformation wore off. "I'm sorry Tikki..." I whispered as I handed him my miraculous. Heart Snatcher burst out into a bout of evil laughter as she took the Miraculous from Cat's hands. "Now please, let him go..." my voice cracked. I balled my fists as I fought back tears. Heart Snatcher glared at me, miraculous in her hand. "Destroy her!" she roared as she clutched my earrings and flew past us to the top of the tower. My eyes opened wide as Cat Noir clasped his hand around my neck. "Cataclysm!" tears rolled down my cheeks as he summoned his power. I couldn't breath.

 "C-cat...p-please don't do this..." I choked out as he tightened his grip on my throat. I was starting to feel dizzy. "P-please..." I whispered as he glared at me. "Finally I'll be rid of you!" Heart Snatcher hissed through him in a distorted voice. Tears flowed freely down my face as I struggled against his grasp. I tried to pull his claw off my throat, but it was useless. "A-adrien...I-I L-love...you..." I gasped as I tried not to black out. Cat Noir's eyes flickered, for a split second. "UGGHH!" he groaned as he clutched his chest. "M-mari..." he stammered and released me as he took a step back.

    My heart throbbed hopefully, when I saw him drop his stick. "Y-yes Adrien, it's me! Please remember...!" I urged as he groaned again. "L-ladybug..." the purple in his eyes flickered. "NO!" I heard Heart Snatcher bellow from the top of the tower. Her control over him was faltering. I placed my hand on his cheek. His purple eyes opened wide as I pressed my lips against his. Tears poured down his cheeks as I kissed him. The purple tone in his eyes faded completely as he kissed me back. 

  "Naughty Kitty...you gave me quite the scare..." I whispered as I pulled away. I glanced up at him. His eyes emerald and watery. "My Lady, I'm so sorry..." he whispered as he buried his face in the nape of my neck. I hugged him tightly. He held me with one arm, keeping his Cataclysm hand away from me.

   "What a sickening display!" Heart Snatcher roared as she hovered right above us. Cat stood in front of me, arms outstretched as if to shield me. Time seemed to slow down. I watched with wide eyes as Heart Snatcher charged up and shot another blast of darkness towards Cat. My legs moved on their own, as I reached out for him. His eyes opened wide and a loud blood curling scream escaped my throat just as the blast hit. "CATTTT!!!!"