9.Hero (Marinette)

"Come on Tikki!" I shouted as I followed her with my gaze. Slowly, she'd begun to hover down, all the way until she reached my purse. She curled up in fetal position. "Tikki? What's wrong?!" I asked frantically as I pulled her out and held her in my palms. 

"M-marinette..." she trembled. "I—I can't transform, my power...that thing is draining it..." I glanced up at the monster that was floating in the center of the sky. "But how can an akuma possess so much power?" I asked anxiously. 

"This is different...this something else..." She trailed off.

I watched helplessly as an ominous dark cloud began to surround it. "What the hell is this...?" I asked, panic rising my throat as I took a step back. "Hawkmoth seems to have unlocked new powers. "I don't think this is a miraculous." Tikki warned, just as a loud crack made me look up.

The building I was standing next to had begun to crumble. I stood there, frozen as I watched the large piece of rubble fallling towards me. "Marinette move!" A voice shouted just as something pushed me out of the way. 

"Oh..." I groaned as I landed on the grass, missing the concrete by a few centimeters. My elbow radiated with pain as I forced myself up into a sitting position.

My heart sank the moment the dust cleared. I managed to catch a glimpse of light flickering off his hair. For the first time in my life, I saw him...dirty. His a tangled mess along with soot and ash on his face and clothes.

"Adrien!" I shouted as I sprinted towards him. A large metal beam had missed him by a few inches. "Adrien!" I sobbed as I choked back tears. A small trickle of blood, dripped down the side of his face.

"Help! Someone help!" I screamed hysterically. "This is my fault, Adrien, I'm so sorry..." I whispered as tears streamed down my face. "Adrien!" I glanced up to see Alya and Nino racing across the park towards us. 

"Marinette..." I glanced down when I heard his weak whisper. He reached his hand and shakily and placed it on my tear stained cheek. "Please, don't cry...princess..." He begged just before slipping into unconsciousness.

Time became a blur after that. All, I know is that Alya had to pull me away from Adrien so the paramedics could take him in the ambulance. I tried to go after the monster that had caused everything, but he'd vanished just as suddenly. After they took Adrien to the hospital Nino, Alya and I made our way back to class.

The incident was all over the news. "Marinette!" Chloe screamed as I entered the class. "It's your fault Adrien got hurt!" She accused angrily. She was right. "If you weren't so accident prone, none of this would've happened!" She said before shoving me.

 "Stop it Chloe!" Alya warned as she slipped between us. "Adrien is a hero; he saved Marinette's life, but we were attacked by a monster, it wasn't anyone's fault." She said firmly. Chloe scoffed arrogantly. 

"Whatever." She said with a roll of her  eyes before storming back to her seat. "Marinette..." The teacher began as she approached me. "If you would like to go home, I'll be happy to excuse your absence for today." She offered kindly. I nodded and wiped the tears that I hadn't realized were falling.

"I'll go with you." Alya said as she picked up her book-bag. "No, please .I'd like to be alone right now." I begged as I glanced down. Alya hesitated but didn't argue. "Call me if you need anything." She reminded. I nodded before gripping my bag and making my way out.

"Marinette, I'm so sorry." Tikki apologized as she squeezed my cheek. "I've never experienced something like that before, it was really powerful..." She began as she hovered next to me. "If I could've helped you, Adrien wouldn't have gotten hurt." she said sadly before perching on my shoulder. I shook my head wearily. 

"No Tikki, please don't blame yourself..." I said as tears streamed down my face. Tikki hovered over to my arm and squeezed it softly. I smiled at her attempt to hug me. "Thank you Tikki..." I smiled as I wiped away my tears. 

"What are you going to do now...?" she asked as she hovered next to me. 

"We are going to find that monster and make him pay..." I trailed off as I looked at Tikki. She looked worried. 

"Spots on!"