41. Girlfriend (Marinette)

The next morning I woke up early. "Marinette, are you okay?" Tikki asked worriedly as she hovered up to where I stood. "I feel great Tikki, why do you ask?" I was doing my hair. "Well you're up on time for once..." she said as she eyeballed me suspiciously. I rolled my eyes as I made my way over to my desk. My phone was vibrating. "Morning Purrrrincess!"  my heart skipped when I saw his message. "Morning Kitty..."  I replied as I picked up my book-bag. "Looks like you're going to have to get used to hearing his puns all day now..." Tikki said with a smile as she hovered over my shoulder. I nodded. Tikki tucked herself into my bag  as I made my way downstairs.

       "Marinette! You're up early today!" Mom smiled at me from the counter. She was decorating a cake. I smiled as I sat down on the table. Papa walked over and placed a plate down in front of me. It had sunny-side up eggs with two waffles and two slices of bacon. "It's good to see you taking your time for once..." he said with a smile as he walked back towards the oven. "I know..." I said with a smile as I dug in. After I finished my breakfast, I took some cookies and put them in my bag  for Tikki. "Bye Papa, Mama!" I waved as I made my way out of the bakery.

     "Oh, I'm stuffed!" I muttered as I made my way towards school. "You're just not used to eating so early in the morning!" Tikki said as she munched on a cookie. I nodded. After a few minutes the school's gate came into view. I could see Alya standing by the entrance, glancing at her phone. "Alya!" I waved as I crossed the street eagerly. She waved back with a smile. "Gurl! you won't believe the picture someone sent me this morning!" she shouted as she showed me her phone. It was a picture of Cat Noir with his tail wrapped around Ladybug's legs. I blushed when I remembered. 

       "You think those two are a couple?" she asked as she put her arm around my shoulders. "U-uh I don't know..I..uh..." I trailed off nervously as I glanced towards the gate. My face turned crimson when I saw his car pull up. "Speaking of couples..." she said with a smirk as she motioned to Adrien. His hair flickered as he stepped out into the sun. My heart raced as he made his way over to us. "Morning..." he said with a smile. It was a general greeting but he gazed at me as if I was alone. "M-Morning..." I stuttered as I looked down at my feet. Alya instantly caught on. "Woah, what is going on between you two?" she said as she let go of my shoulders. 

     We glanced at each other awkwardly. Both our faces dusted pink. Without warning, Adrien reached out and entangled his fingers in mine. Alya looked at us, her eyes wide. "Hey dudes what's...!" Alya grabbed Nino by the shoulders and shook him as she gestured to our hands. "WOAH!" he said as he took his glasses off and wiped them with his shirt. "You have to tell me everything!" Alya said as she grabbed my arm. I nodded awkwardly. Adrien ran his fingers through his hair as Nino gave him a fist bump. "Happy for you bro!" Adrien smiled embarrassed.

"ADRIKINS!" Chloe shouted as she tackled Adrien. He staggered as he tried to regain his balance. Her voice sent chills down my spine. "What are you doing with these commoners?" she said with a scowl as she looked at us. Alya held me back as I glared at her. "Chloe, you're being rude!"  he said sternly as he pulled her off him. "There's nothing rude about putting commoners in their place!" she said as she flicked her pony tail. "Back off Chloe..." I said instinctively. I was shaking. She glared at me. "How dare you t...!" Adrien interrupted her as he took a step between us. "Stop it Chloe, I've had it! I can't keep listening to you bad mouth my friends!"

    Chloe stood there mouth agape and eyes wide as Adrien scolded her. "I'm sick of you always trying to put people down just because they don't have as much money as you! I'm tired of you picking on Marinette, and I'm tired of you clinging to me every morning!" I watched him with wide eyes. I had never seen him so upset.  "Marinette is my girlfriend...." he said as he turned to me and took my hand in his. "So I would appreciate it if you  would stop bothering her..." Chloe's face turned  dark red as she stormed off.

My heart raced. "GIRLFRIEND, Adrien called me his GIRLFRIEND!" my mind spun as my cheeks turned red.  Alya squealed happily as the final bell rang. "Let's go before Miss. Bustier gives us all detention..." Alya said as she glanced at me accusingly. I groaned when I remembered I had missed class the day before. Without hesitating any longer, we made our way into the classroom.

       (Somewhere near the lockers, an infuriated and heartbroken Chloe, sobbed into her knees. Her mascara and high-end make-up streamed down her face. "Why would he pick her? I'm s-so much p-prettier and classier!" she sobbed just as a small flutter could be heard approaching her. Too distracted to notice, the small tainted butterfly settled into the heart shaped pendant she wore around her neck. "Heart Snatcher, I can help you get revenge on those who wronged you, all you have to do is bring me the Miraculous!" Chloe stood up, the red outline of a moth covering her tear stained face. "Yes Hawk Moth...")