38. My Lady (Adrien)

I woke up with a headache. The bright sunlight shone brightly through my window. I forgot to close my curtains last night. I sat up a bit groggy. Although my fever was gone, my throat still itched.

I got up reluctantly, dragging my feet all the way to the window. I opened it hoping there was a breeze that could help me breathe easy. There wasn't. My room was stuffy and it smelled like cheese. I walked over to my mini fridge and took out a water bottle, eagerly chugging it as Plagg watched.

"Whoa someone's thirsty..." Plagg commented as he hovered next to me. "Morning Plagg..." I greeted softly as I threw the bottle in the recycle bin. I then made my way to the restroom to brush my teeth. After I was done, I walked over to my couch and turned on the T.V. There was nothing interesting on. I glanced at the clock on my wall and saw that it was 12:30pm.

"Everyone's probably having lunch right now..." I trailed off sadly as I remembered my friends. I sighed. "I sure don't miss waking up so early!" Plagg said as he sprawled out lazily on my couch. I glared at him. I was about to say something, when a subtle thud made me turn around. "Ladybug?!" My eyes opened wide when I laid eyes on her. She put her yo-yo away and turned to me. I blinked a couple times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"I noticed you weren't at school today..." she began softly. I could see her cheeks blush beneath her mask. Without thinking, I walked up to her and pulled her into my arms. She stood there frozen, but didn't try to pull away. "I'm so happy to see you..." I whispered as I nuzzled my nose into her neck. "Adrien..." she said as I pulled away. "We need to talk about this..." I placed a finger on her lips and silenced her.

"Ladybug, do you love me...?" I asked her outright and without shame. My heart beat nervously as she glanced down at the floor. A light blush spread across her face. "Y-yea..." she admitted without looking at me. "Do you love Cat Noir...?" I asked without letting her go.

There was a short pause between us then. She glanced up at me with wide eyes, then looked away when she met my gaze. Her blush deepened. "Ye-yes!" She admitted as she clenched her eyes shut. "Then there's nothing to talk about..." Without hesitation, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her in slowly before pressing my lips against hers.

She staggered backwards onto the wall but this time, she reciprocated. I pressed my body against hers as I deepened the kiss. At first she kissed me timidly, but after a few seconds, I felt her melt in my arms.

A jolt of adrenaline coursed through my body as she entangled her fingers in my hair and wrapped her other hand around my neck. I rested my forehead against hers once we pulled away. Her face was red and her breathing heavy. "I told you you'd fall for me Bugaboo." I teased with a satisfied grin.

She shot me an exasperated look. In a few seconds however, her look of annoyance turned into a mischievous one. Without giving me a chance to react, she leaned in and nibbled on my neck.

"M'LADY!" I yelled out in surprise as I jumped back. I staggered and tripped over my own feet. I landed hard on my butt. Goosebumps covered my body as I placed a hand on my neck. I could feel my face boiling over. She snickered as she placed a hand on her hip. "Who's falling for who now, silly Cat?" she smiled confidently. My heart skipped when shevheld out her gloved hand and helped me up.

"I have to go, our teacher will give me detention for life if I'm late again..." she said as she took out her yo-yo. I nodded in agreement.

"Are you coming?" She asked as she made her way to the window. I shook my head. "Father said I can't go to school anymore..." I trailed off sadly. She was about to say something, when a loud crash made us both jump. We ran to the window just in time to see an akuma victim fly by. "Duty calls!" She said as she twirled her yo-yo and jumped on my window ledge. "You coming kitty cat?" She asked with a smile. "I wouldn't miss it for the world!" I said as I punched the air. "Plagg! Claws out!"