33. Like Everyone else.(Adrien)

"Father please!" I pleaded as I followed him into his study. "This isn't fair! I've been following my schedule, I've been attending all my lessons!" I said as he took a seat at his desk. He wheeled around in his chair to face me. "I haven't missed any photo-shoots!" My voice raised an octave. He furrowed his brows in response. "This is not up for debate!" He silenced me. I felt the knot in my throat tighten.

"You've already had your fun Adrien. It's time for you to go back and focus on your modeling." He said as he turned around and faced the window. "But what about my friends?!" I shouted, shaking.

Anger radiated through me. "Dispensable, they're a bad influence on you. They fill your head with silly ideas about you being like everybody else." He said without turning around. "Now please go to your room, I have a lot of work to do." He said coldly. I furrowed my eyebrows angrily.

I took a few steps forward before glancing over my shoulder. " I wish mom was still here." I huffed before storming out of his study.

I ran to my room and slammed the door. I tossed my bag on the floor and faceplanted onto my bed. "Hey! That was kind of harsh!" Plagg whined when the bag hit the floor. "Sorry Plagg." I apologized, choking back my anger. He hovered over to me. "How can he be so cold-hearted!" I growled without sitting up. I could feel Plagg's eyes on me.

"There's cheese in the closet..." I muttered into my sheets. I heard him shuffle around in there as he looked for it. After a few seconds, I turned around and faced the ceiling. I placed my arm over my eyes as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"You want some cheese?" Plagg asked softly before holding our q wedge to me. I turned to see him hold out a small piece of Camembert. I sat up and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. "Thanks Plagg, but you eat it. You're going to need your strength for patrol later tonight..." I trailed off as I glanced out the window. The sun was still high in the sky. "It's going to be a long day..." I groaned as I laid back down. My body Ached.

"ACHOO!" I sneezed loudly. "I think you should take this time and rest!" Plagg said with his mouth full, he had already polished off half a wheel. I sighed.

"You're right..." I played with my scarf unconsciously. It had been around my neck this whole time. "I never got a chance to tell her today." Plagg chewed noisily. "Don't be so sure..." Plagg said as he finished the last piece of cheese.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Well..." He began as he hovered over to me.
"When you got all woozy and your girlfriend was walking you to the nurse, I snuck out of your bag and followed you guys for a bit. Let me just say that you're a lot more forward when you have a fever!"

He snickered. "What do you mean?" I asked curiously. "Well, when I caught up to you guys, I saw you had that poor girl pinned up against a wall! Her face was so red, it looked like her head was about to explode! Yeah, just like that!" He said as he pointed to my face. I could feel my cheeks boiling over.

"That's why she was acting so strangely..." I slapped my forehead. Plagg continued to laugh at me. "It's not funny!" I pouted. "Whatever you say lover-boy!" He teased as he curled up on my pillow. "Time for a cat-nap!" he said as he yawned loudly and closed his eyes. After a few seconds of silence, I decided to join him. I laid down wearily and closed my eyes for just a bit as I pictured her face in my mind.

"Wake up kid! You're going to be late!" Plagg's voice echoed through my head. I sat up and stretched lazily. I glanced out the window and saw the sky had gotten dark. "How long were we asleep?" I asked groggily as I rubbed my eyes. Plagg shrugged. A couple hours at most." I dragged a hand down my face. "I feel like road kill..." joked. Plagg turned to me with a serious expression on his face. "Not funny."

I stifled a laugh as I poked him in his tiny rib. "Stop it!" He whined as he pushed my finger away. After I was done stretching, I stood up and stuck my fist out. "Plagg, claws out!"

I vaulted from roof to roof as I made my way over to our rendezvous point. The air felt nice against my warm skin. I was pretty sure I still had a fever, but I paid no mind to it. I needed this. Especially after the argument with my father.

I leapt and flipped through the city as I neared the tower. I let my mind wander as I made my way, absentmindedly, to the top. When I reached the familiar ledge, I sat down and caught my breath.

I looked out at the illuminated city and sighed. "You are not like everybody else!" I felt the knot in my throat tighten as I remembered his words. I clenched my fists. "It's not fair..." I croaked and buried my head in my knees. "It's not fair..." I sobbed. "I miss you mom." I whispered as I clenched my eyes shut.

(Cat-noir was too distracted to notice the subtle sound of fluttering wings as a dark butterfly approached him from behind...)