13. Friend (Adrien)

"Oh..." I groaned once I finally awoke. It took me quite a bit of effort to sit up. I flinched. A sharp pain jolted up the side of my head just as I managed to get upright. My hand instinctively shot up to investigate. "What's this...?" I asked as I tugged on the coarse cloth that encircled my cranium.

"That's your bandage." Plagg said as he hovered over. "Bandage?" I asked confused. "Yeah, the doctors said you hit your head or something, so they wrapped a white bandage around it." He informed as he hovered over. "Oh yeah..." I trailed off as the events from earlier that day started coming back to me. "I saved her...but I got hurt." I muttered as I tried to organize my thoughts.

"Yeah, you were being stupid, I told you not to go." Plagg chatised as he took a seat on the window ledge. I rubbed my head. "I couldn't just leave her Plagg. Besides..." I trailed off again as I felt that familiar tingle roll through my heart.

"I know, I know. You LOOOVEE her!" He teased as he stuffed a large piece of Camembert in his mouth. I glared at him. "But you know..." He began with his mouth full. "She was really torn up." He said as he swallowed his last piece of cheese.

"She was...?" I asked a bit surprised.
"Yea, she cried a whole lot..." He said as he licked his nubs. "Man, she's probably worried sick. I have to go see her!" I said as I jumped out of bed. "Woah..." My head spun and my stomach churned from the sudden movement. I had no choice but to sit down as my legs gave away. 

"I wouldn't advise it, the doctors said you have a concoction." He informed as he rummaged through my bag. "You mean a concussion." I corrected as I laid back down. "Eh, same thing..." He shrugged.

"I have to talk to her though...I have to let her know I'm okay." I insisted as I glanced out the window.

 "Tomorrow, you can do whatever you want, but tonight you should rest..." He said firmly as he sat down on my chest. "You know, If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were worried about me." I teased with a smirk. Plagg's eyes widened.

"Come on! Me worried? Pfffft!" He blew a raspberry as he hovered over to my night stand. I chuckled and prepared to say goodnight, when a loud crash made me sit up. 

"What the hell?" I gasped, just as a large orb crashed into the building across the street. I pressed myself against the glass as I looked for the perpetrator. "Marinette?!" My mouth fell open in horror as I watched her float by. Even under Hawkmoth's control she was recognizable.

"She's been akumatized." I staggered back a few steps, the severity of the situation paralyzing me for a second. This had never happened before. Ladybug should never be akumatized. How would purify it? I clenched my jaw. "Plagg, I need you to transform me!" I said as I glanced back at him. Plagg shook his head. 

"What? Why not?" I asked as I glared at him. "You need to rest, you don't have enough energy to transform safely!" He scolded, crossing his arms.
"But she needs my help!" Plagg shook his head again. I growled angrily and pushed past my tiny partner in search of my shoes.

"Where are you going?!" Plagg demanded as he hovered next to me. "I'm going to help her, I can't let Hawkmoth get his hands on her Miraculous." I said firmly as I made my way out of my room. I took the stairs two at a time, holding onto the banister to keep myself standing.

"Stop. You're being an idiot again you're. You're not Cat Noir! What can you do like this?" Plagg shouted as he tried to stop me. "I don't need a costume to be there for her!" I snapped before swatting him away.

My heart pounded as I stepped out of the mansion. The crisp air sent a shiver rolling through me. It took me just a second to spot her. The moment I did, I sprinted across the street to where she was hovering. "Please..." I prayed to myself as I skidded to a stop beneath her, the minimal grip on my slipper soles nearly failed to keep me up.

"It wasn't my fault!" She growled as she aimed for the television station.
"Ladybug!" I shouted as loud as I could manage. She turned and glared at me. "Ladybug is gone, I am Dark-bug!" She snapped before aiming her staff at me.

I managed to jump out of the way just as she shot an orb of darkness at me. I groaned in pain as rolled into the side of a totaled car. "Ladybug please, stop this!" I begged. "It's not your fault, you're my friend, you're our hero, Paris needs you!" I urged.

"Shit." I huffed and blinked a few times in an attempt to clear my vision. My head swayed as I began getting dizzy again. "Please stop it..." I begged once more as I clenched my eyes shut.

"I will punish them for doubting me!" she sneered as she drew energy into her staff and aimed it at me. "Please..." my voice wavered as I glanced up at her, my head heavy. "Don't do this..." I trailed off just as another wave of dizziness hit me.

"I...love you Ladybug." I managed to choke out just before falling over. The concrete was cold and hard. "I'm sorry M'Lady..." I whispered just before everything went dark.