III

"+      . . *  ·        

.  ✧       .
    ✷   ·

*     .   ✦

It was the third consecutive week that Taehyung stopped sitting with Bo Young. She missed him singing Celine Dion songs and acting out Titanic scenes during lunch but she refused to sit with the popular kids. Especially Jungkook.

Despite being punished Bo Young went to the roof everyday, for weeks after her detention.

Jungkook thankfully didn't go up there anymore. Or so she thought.

Bo Young opened the door to the roof to see Jungkook again smoking weed.
He turned around at the sound of the door opening.

"Oh no I'm not doing this again." Bo Young said turning around.

"Wait!" Jungkook said.
"The roof is just as much yours as it is mine. Stay." He said grabbing her arm.

She only rolled her eyes in agreement because she was stressed and needed fresh air. Fresh air that wasn't so fresh anymore because the bitter scent of cannabis filled the air.

She leaned on the wall on the edge of the roof in silence for a while.

"Why do you even smoke that stuff anyway?" She asked.

"Because I'm not a goody two shoes like you." He said taking another hit.

She scoffed and shook her head regretting even asking.

"And because it helps me forget." He said sighing.

"Forget what?" She asked.

He paused looking out at the view.
She assumed he wasn't going to answer and didn't ask him again.

"...The loneliness." He said quietly.

"You? The prince of our country? Lonely?" She said breaking out into hysterical laughter.

She caught her breath and let out one last chuckle before realizing that Jungkook wasn't joking at all, nor was he laughing.

"Wait. You're serious?"

He nodded.

"But you're mister popular! You date a new girl every month and fuck a new one every week." She stated.

"They only want me cause of my image, I've never had a true friend." He said.

"Wow that's depressing." She said turning to the view again.

"Will you be my friend Bo Young?" He asked.

"You'd have to pay me a lot of money to be your friend." She said chuckling.

He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet and a $100 bill.

"I know it's not much but- here." He said handing it to her.

"Wait are you serious." She asked looking down at the crisp  bill with his ancestors face on it.

"You're the only person who hasn't been fake to me just because of my title, so I really don't mind at all." He said.

Bo Young looked at the bill and thought for a minute. Although she went to a good school she was only there on scholarship and her family wasn't rich like everyone else's. She could use the money and save up for college, she thought to herself.

"...I can't take this." She said handing the money back to him.

"Why?" Jungkook asked.

"Unlike the other girls at this school, I can't be bought." She said as she walked off the roof tired of the smell lingering outside.

Jungkook was puzzled by her mentality.