XX [Final]

"+     . . * ·       

. ✧    .
    ✷ ·

     ✷   ·

* .   ✦

As graduation finished and the last person gave their speech,
Jungkook was only thinking about his and Bo Young's  wedding that was taking place the next day.

In the midst of his thoughts he realized that she was no where to be found.

"Have you seen Bo Young?" He asked Jimin.

He shook his head and mouthed "sorry" since it was too loud to really hear anyone.

He ran into the hall and saw Taehyung, Namjoon and Hoseok walking together.

"Have any of you guys seen Bo Young?" He asked frantically.

"I think I saw her heading towards the stair well." Hoseok said.

He ran to the stairs and went up to the roof and saw her staring over the view of the green trees swaying in the warm winds and children playing in the park near by.

"Why'd you leave graduation early?" He asked hugging her from behind.

"Because I can't do this." She responded quietly.

"Do what?" He asked unwrapping his arms and letting them fall to his sides.

"Marry you." She said twisting her engagement ring back and forth with her thumb.

His heart dropped to his feet.
"Of course you can, and you won't be alone, I'll always be here for you." He said.

She didn't respond and gazed further over the edge.

"What changed your mind?" He asked. 

She took a deep breath in, collecting her emotions.

"Have you ever thought about this roof?
Before you went here, this roof used to be my place. I would come up here whenever I was sad or angry or when Tae and I would get into a fight.

But then once you came here everything about it changed. It was where we met, where we would stumble into each other, where we became friends and where you proposed to me.
I used to be so excited to come up here.

But now it's just a roof, I bland
white painted roof with a view that was only beautiful because you were in it."
She said.

"I don't understand..." he said.

"I don't think you ever will, and that's not your fault but after today I think it would be best if we considered what we have, over."
She said heading towards the door.

"Just because we're not getting married that doesn't mean we have to break up." He pleaded.

"Yes it does Kook, someone else, someone rich and well known by the public will have to marry you tomorrow if it's not me, and if you cheat on her with me everyone will hate me for coming between the King and Queen."

Droplets streamed down her face as she walked away from him.

"No!" He said grabbing her arm before she could reach for the door handle.

"I'm not letting you slip away from me."
He said letting the tears stream down his face.

"I'm sorry Kookie but I'm not yours to keep anymore."

She said then giving him one last passionate kiss that tasted salty from their mixed tears but sweet as it always did.

He placed his forehead on her's, tenderly grasping her wrist while her palm was placed on his cheek.

"I can't let you go." He whispered.

"You have to." She said.

"No-."

"You have to!" She scolded cutting him off.

"Or what?" He asked.

Instead of responding she took off her ring and placed it in his palm then squeezing his hand  into a fist while looking him in the eyes with the most gentle irises and walked away.

"Or what!" He yelled asking again.

But she was already gone.

Bo Young had never met
anyone like Jungkook.

Even when she liked Jin it was
a different less intense feeling.

He was perfect.
every freckle,
every crack in the skin of his
lips during the winter,
every thick black strand of hair,
every part of him looked like
artwork to her.

And his eyes,
His eyes,
They made her melt away from
the outside in.

So why did she feel so
completely wrong about the
thought of marrying him?
Was it the social stigma of them being so young?
Was it how her distant family
would react?
Was it what everyone at school
would say?

What ever it was it killed her,
for it to be powerful enough to
take him away from her.

*+.*+.*+.*+.*+.*+.*+.*+.*+.*+.

That night, Jungkook lied in his bed staring at the ceiling holding Bo Young's ring to his chest, heartbroken.

He had never met anyone like Bo Young.

She showed him the way when everyone decided that his path wasn't worth taking.
She was perfect.
The way she laughed,
The way she looked at him,
The way she held his hand and knew when something was wrong.

It turned him into a different person.

A person that he loved and never wanted to change again.
He wanted nothing more than for her to ease his mind and say that she wanted to be his again that night.

But it never did happen.

He softly sang himself to sleep grasping the ring tighter.

There's nothing like us

There's nothing like you and me

Together through the storm~

"+     . . * ·       

. ✧    .

    ✷ ·

* .   ✦

[a/n thank you for reading!!! If this story gets 1,000 reads I'll write a whole sequel so make sure to share it if you want one. If you have any questions or comments make sure to leave them I'll respond asap xoxo <3]