XV

"+     . . * ·       

. ✧    .
    ✷ ·

     ✷   ·

* .   ✦

The next day at school Bo Young really avoided Jungkook at all costs.

The last time she liked someone she got hurt and to walk into another trap would just be utterly idiotic of her.

She walked up to the roof to clear her head.

As she opened the door she saw Jungkook and her first instinct was to walk away and keep avoiding him. But she noticed that he wasn't in his normal position. Usually he leaned over the edge using his elbows to support his body looking at the view.

She would often admire the way the breeze combed through his soft hair every once in a while when they were up there together. His eyes would be slightly squinted because they were sensitive to the cold, making him look ethereal.

But today was different, he was sitting against the wall with his legs extended, staring at the ground not moving.

Bo Young knew that if she didn't, no one else would comfort him at that moment.

"Kookie? You okay?" She asked getting his attention.

His eyes flickered up at Bo Young and then went right back to the spot he was staring at again, still not moving.

She walked up to him and sat down next to him.
"I know yesterday was weird but you can still talk to me you know, I'm still your friend."

He didn't move.
Bo Young started making hearts with her pointer finger and thumb and did her best aegyo pulling one heart out of Jungkook's shirt and pretended  to give it to him.

Bo Young always told Jungkook that if he ever caught her doing aegyo that he should kill her immediately because she had reached a new low that there was no coming back from. Although she was joking she would still gladly die to make Jungkook smile at that moment.

And it worked, he gave her a faint broken smile, his eye twitched a little bit from holding back tears.

His eyes were glazed but not once did he cry.

"My dads gone." He said simply.

Bo Young's heart started pumping out her chest.

"Does that mean-"

"Yeah." Jungkook said cutting her off.

"You shouldn't be at school today! You should be with your family mourning!" She said hugging him tighter than she's ever hugged anyone before.

"That's the thing... I'm not really sad. I spent so much time wondering if he was gonna be okay or if I would have to take the throne, and that killed me, I'm just happy to finally have an answer." He said quietly.

"So when is your coronation?" She asked.

"I'm finishing school here and after graduation you can officially say that you personally know the King." He said letting out a soft chuckle thinking about how crazy the whole situation was.

Her eyes softened. Bo Young remembered how she met Jungkook. The boy who smoked weed, got her into detention, who stole her best friend and teased her. The list of things she would do to
un-know him was endless.

But since then he's become the boy who cheered her up, who made her feel pretty, who didn't show who he truly was to anyone but her, who made her feel a thousand and one emotions at once. The list of things she would do to have met him sooner was now endless.

"Jungkook?" She looked him in the eyes.

"Hm?"

"I- I think I'm in love with you." She said tearing up.

He darted his dead up so he was looking at her.
She began crying feeling stupid for not realizing it sooner, all the time she wasted.

"I'm in love with you, as much as I hate to say it out loud and make your ego even bigger, and I know I-" She began.

Jungkook cut her off with a kiss. Bo Young got the same numb melting feeling she had gotten the night before. Like she was truly floating in a warm ocean.
Their lips moved in sync sending chills down her spine until finally they parted.
He leaned his forehead on hers while smiling like an idiot.

"I will always love you more." He whispered.