Chapter 1: Wind of Change

It looked like Kluay would have a perfect day ahead of him.
Morning classes came and went. First impromptu test of the year was so laughably easy, Kluay still wasn't entirely sure if he hasn't wandered into a freshman course by mistake. All of his teammates from a swim team informed him that they will be ready to resume training sessions this very day. And now he was putting his horse through the paces, just as his coach requested. Everything according to a perfectly planned schedule.

In other words, Kluay was bored.

Just when he thought he could use some diversion, a speeding motorbike zoomed past him and startled his horse.

"What the hell?!" He muttered a curse, as he tightened the reins in order to regain control over his friend. Nevertheless, he still had time to recognize the asshole that almost caused him to fall. It was that bad-tempered captain of the volleyball team who, after winning last year the National Collegiate Volleyball Tournament, had a gall to ask for more funding for his team, indirectly cutting swim team resources. What's worse, the Dean agreed and even Kluay's otherwise influential name couldn't change this decision. It was high time the two of them had a few words and sorted things out, so that, at long last, the other guy would be put in his places. On a way back to the stables Kluay decided to go by the Dean's Office later that day, to find out more about the annoying sophomore and his schedule.

***

Achi has had enough.
It was one thing that his roommate was a loud, brainless jock. He could also deal with dirty clothes everywhere and general mess. However, the never-ending string of Bie's equally obnoxious friends and their constant harassment of Achi was something he couldn't put up with anymore.
Their last idea of having fun was dangling his precious violin by the strings outside the window. Achi winced at the mere recollection of this incident. And so, the first opportunity he got, he marched to the Dean's Office, which was thankfully empty, and proceeded to explain his situation without any delay.

"So you see, Mrs. Songpaisarn, I can't stay in that room any longer." He finished his tale.
Another student wandered into the office, but Achi took no notice of him.
"Is it possible to be transferred to another room?" Achi continued. "Preferably one where I wouldn't have to deal with another psyc... person from a swim team."

The newly arrived student coughed lightly, however Achi completely ignored him and went on stating his case.

Kluay looked at the pretty boy standing next to him momentarily flabbergasted, but more amused than anything else. It must be a freshman, he thought, if he didn't recognize the star athlete of Kasetsart University swim and equestrian team and the reigning Campus Moon. Kluay looked him up and down curiously: tall and lanky, seemed fragile but at the same time he had quite the temperament, just like an angry kitten. Swim team captain took a liking to him on the spot.

Kluay moved closer to the new student, invading his personal space, and effectively making his presence known to the other guy.

"Tell your P' what the problem is." He put his arm around freshman's shoulder. "I'm sure I'll be more helpful to you than Mrs. Songpaisarn here." He joked good-naturedly.

The younger guy was rendered speechless for a second, but quickly recovered from this sudden change of situation.
"You're not my P'," he said shrugging the hand off of his shoulder. "And this is no business of yours." His hostility was almost palpable, but to Kluay's surprise he felt nothing but mirth over this behavior.

"Please, contact me, if there are available spots in other rooms." The boy addressed Mrs. Songpaisarn before storming out from the building.

"Of course dear, no need to worry." The office worker assured him warmly.