Special Chapter 2: All That I'm Asking For

Apo loved those days when he could aimlessly wander with Waii around Bangkok, all alone, not counting the minutes or hurrying anywhere. Of course, the reality was that his husband was too recognizable to go anywhere without being noticed. It didn't matter if he had a cap or sunglasses on, because his fans were still able to see through any disguise. Both of them were accustomed to it by now, but Apo was particularly proud of his husband's attitude. His younger, churlish and short-tempered self would never felt the need to play nice with anyone he didn't want to. Waii always insisted that he began changing due to Apo's influence, because even then he wished to make his new friend happy, but Apo preferred to think that this wonderful man was always there, only hidden beneath layers of anger and pain.

Right now the swimmer was grinning at the camera, as his husband was taking pictures after pictures with guys and girls. Even though Waii's arm was around other people, it felt like his warm smiles were meant only for Apo. In moments such as these he knew what it was to be perfectly and absolutely happy, no regrets or...

"Waii!" A delighted female voice momentarily made Apo stiffen, although rationally he was aware that there was no need to be on guard.

Fey glided towards them, earning curious looks from the throng of admirers, who parted and let her through. She seemed pretty much the same, a long-legged, confident beauty, except now she was pushing a stroller with a sleeping baby in it.

"How are you? It's been ages!" Waii hugged her and it was a lot friendlier and natural gesture, than he gave any of his fans. "You haven't changed one bit." He said with appreciation.

"Oh, stop it." She protested with a pleased smile and instinctively flipped her hair.

"No, he's right." Apo said honestly, after he regained his composure. "Time has stopped for you."

"Obviously not." Fey indicated the toddler. "I've discovered that kids exists to remind us how fast we're aging." She joked.

"Look at her. She's gotten so big since the last pictures you sent us." Waii studied the little girl.

He probably wasn't even aware that his voice got softer and there was that indefinable note of wonderment there, but Apo heard it clearly. Before the coach could analyze what he was feeling in that moment, the baby woke up and stared at the man in front of her.

When she stretched her arms forward and babbled "Upupupupup!" Waii laughed, completely charmed by the sweet expression she was showing him.

"Can I?" He asked Fey eagerly, motioning to the baby.

"Be my guest, but don't be surprised if she won't let you put her back into the stroller again." The woman warned him playfully.

She moved to stand next to Apo, as they both observed Waii with Tui.

"I always forget that he likes children so much." Fey remarked. "But it's not all that surprising when you know that he practically raised his little brother."

Apo nodded thoughtfully.

"What are you up to nowadays? I heard you thought of quitting the Ad Agency." He asked, almost absentmindedly, and let the woman talk about her life, new job, house and a husband. At the center of her stories was always the baby though, as if everything else was orchestrated around the little girl.

"... and the working hours are better, because I get to stay with Tui more often." She finished, quite satisfied and laughed when she saw the surprise on Apo's face. "I bet you didn't think I'm a maternal person. I didn't either, believe me." She leaned closer to him. "But having a child changes you. Makes you complete."