Chapter 23: I Believe

It was Monday morning after Songkran, and Kluay's celebration bash, which started on Friday, was only now winding down. His new friends, Puen especially, thought that since they've been to a few of his parties they've seen everything, but he still managed to surprise them. He chuckled just thinking about their flabbergasted expressions, when Bodyslam arrived by his private helicopter and gave the most amazing performance of the year. As it should be, because it would be a cold day in hell before someone else upstaged him. Now that he knew for certain that his reputation as the coolest host was intact, he went searching for his boyfriend. The last time Kluay saw him, he grumbled that needed some rest and disappeared upstairs.

The swimmer gently knocked on the door to the bedroom, that Achi usually occupied when staying in his house.

"Kitten?" He said in a low voice. If the boy was asleep, he didn't want to wake him up needlessly.

No one answered, but he heard faint moans, so he frowned and boldly went in. He wasn't sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't a partially naked, drunk couple making out on a bed. Achi's bed!

"Get the fuck out! Now!" He snarled, incensed that they dared to invade their private quarters. Sheesh, some people had no shame.

Once the intruders were dealt with, he considered his options. Where could his baby Achi go? Plenty of rooms to choose from in this house, but...

A mischievous smirk appeared on his face as he went directly to his own bedroom.

***

Achi was indeed sprawled on Kluay's huge bed, clutching one of the pillows to his chest and looking so comfortable there, that the athlete couldn't help but stand there for a second and simply stare. A very unexpected surge of giddy happiness swept through him. How can he be so darn adorable? He thought, not really knowing the answer to this question, nor even caring about it.

Kluay was used to going with his guts so, without thinking twice, he crawled towards Achi and snuggled to him from behind.

The musician let out a sound that strongly resembled that of an angry cat, still in a slumber, but somehow aware of his boyfriend's presence.

"What time is it?" He asked at last, not moving a muscle.

"Way early. Or very late. Depends on the perspective." The swimmer laughed softly, inhaling deeply Achi's familiar scent.

The freshman fluttered his eyes open and craned his neck a little to better see Kluay.

"Aren't you exhausted? You slept only a few hours this weekend." He mumbled sleepily.

"Aww, are you worried about your P'?" He nuzzled his cheek against Achi's back. "Then you should make sure I get early to bed every night. If you moved back in with me– "

"Is Than still around? I wanted to talk to him about something." The freshman completely bypassed the suggestion, which made Kluay smile. His baby was turning out to be one tough player.

"The hardworking lovebirds are gone. I sent them home in one of my cars, because they wanted to start practicing after the sunrise. God knows why." He flinched, visibly appalled by this preposterous idea.

"And P'Maen?" A bit of suspicion crept into Ach's voice.

"Oh, P'Maen went home too. I offered her a ride in my best limo, but she declined for whatever reason, saying she'd rather walk four hours home. On hot coals. Barefoot." Kluay feigned being clueless, but when his boyfriend got ready to scold him, he added quickly. "Don't bite my head off. I called her a cab and paid for it." He swore. "But before that... she made a few new friends." Kluay snickered recalling the three potential suitors he sent after her, who she was still able to deflect and evade. Again. What started as a challenge, now morphed into an amusing game, and he was fairly sure that both of them were enjoying it thoroughly. At least he was.