Chapter 20: If You're Not Scared

The new semester started with a bang, literally, when the four of the guys were accosted by paparazzi at the Suvarnabhumi Airport. The shouts, questions and flashes of the cameras were enough to make Puen, Than and especially Achi want to hop on the plane and go wherever they wouldn't be dragged into a spotlight.

"It's not safe to go anywhere with you in Bangkok, P'." Achi grumbled under his breath as he gathered his bags.

"On the contrary, there's no better place to be, than next to me." Kluay bragged, not fazed at all. "My presence alone guarantees security and the VIP treatment."

"And a headache, and... P!" The boy didn't finish complaining because the sophomore seized one of his bags and authoritatively grabbed his free hand. "Stop being –"

The noise around them intensified tenfold, as the reporters went crazy.

"Be a good boy, and stop making a fuss." His boyfriend shushed him and brought him closer to his side. "You don't want to make me look bad in front of my fans, do you?" Kluay chided Achi mock-seriously.

The musician reddened considerably, not entirely sure if it was due to the unexpected media exposure or practically being plastered to P's chest. Since their adventurous night after the New Year's celebration, Achi couldn't stop himself from reacting strangely whenever the older male was around. So, of course, for the next few days he did the only sensible thing: feigned being asleep on every following evening and gamely avoided the touchy subject altogether. However, now he couldn't run or hide, so he gulped and tried to calm his racing heart. He gazed at P'Kluay surreptitiously, but thankfully his senior didn't seem to catch any of his evasions tactics, not now and not during the holidays in Switzerland. It was a bit surprising, because normally P' was very sharp, but a great comfort to Achi all the same.

"I agree with Nong," Puen snarled from behind. "This is simply ridiculous."

"You're just saying this because you're secretly jealous." The other sophomore answered back, and kept on posing for the cameras.

"Not bloody likely." The captain if the volleyball team snorted, not giving a fuck about the press.

He tried stuffing the winter coat into his bag, but gave up and just tucked it under his arm, all the while observing Than, who had the same difficulties as he did. When their eyes met, they exchanged brief, sympathetic smiles and Puen motioned his head in the direction of the exit doors, intending for them to leave this circus behind.

Unfortunately, they barely had made a few steps, before one of the reporters shouted. "Who are your friends? Are they on the swim team?"

"Oh no, they are the volleyball players of our Kasetsart University, Puen and Than." Kluay introduced his friends with a mischievous gleam in his eye. "Be sure to take a few pictures and mention them in the article. They would love it." Achi shot Than an apologetic glance and elbowed his boyfriend in the stomach, who pretended that nothing was amiss.

Puen still hoped for a clean escape, but a sudden excited exclamation from a female journalists made his stomach drop.

"I remember now! #PuenandThanmakehistory! The cute couple that came out during the volleyball match a few weeks ago!"

"The very same!" The swimmer snapped his fingers, very pleased with this turn of events.

That idiotic hashtag, the sophomore groaned inwardly. I'm going to kill that prick Kluay and destroy his Instagram account, he thought savagely. He shoot daggers at Kluay, who just shrugged innocently.

For a moment Puen was worried how Than would deal with these recent shenanigans, but embarrassment aside, he appeared to be faring better than he was. At least that's something, he thought with relief as the paparazzi swarmed the four of them.