Chapter 15: Reaching You

Achi woke up with a start when a body landed with a thud next to him.

"Whaaa..." The boy forgot for a second where he was and why. And then it all came back to him. He was staying with his P', who was grinning while he made himself comfortable on the bed.

"Morning, kitten." The sophomore greeted him pleasantly. "Is there something on your calendar this... afternoon?" He finished when he checked the clock, which showed half past noon.

"No." The boy said warily.

"Well, now there is." Kluay smiled wolfishly.

Achi just rolled away from him and put a blanket over his head.

"If you don't get up, I won't either." The sophomore threatened mock-seriously. He cuddled to Achi, putting his arm and leg over him like a human-sized octopus. "It's not bad. We can stay like this for the rest of the day."

"I'm getting up." The musician freed himself from Kluay's hold, grumbling all the way to the bathroom.

"Take your time!" The athlete shouted from his spot, and took out his smartphone to play.

When Achi got out, he was alone in his room, but there were various garments placed on the bed, which he identified as the equestrian suit. The note on to table said to meet the sophomore thirty minutes later near the stables.

Was he supposed to go with P'Kluay to his raiding practice? Just a few weeks ago the thought of getting acquainted with new people, yet again, would fill him with dread. However, after Kluay's last surprisingly considerate idea, he started thinking that maybe this guy, who's always done whatever he wanted, was genuinely trying to do nice things for him. No catch or the fine print. No price to pay.

To Achi's relief they was no one around on the grounds, not counting two gardeners, and a stable boy on the far end of the building. But the biggest surprise was Kluay himself, who was wearing a custom made outfit that fit him like a glove. And just like that he turned into this charismatic and powerful-looking heir to a multi-million dollar fortune, who had an air of mystery about him. Suddenly Achi didn't know what to do in the company of this stranger, but the swimmer didn't seem to notice the apprehension in the boys' behavior and crooked his index finger at him, while smiling playfully. This familiar expression finally made Achi relax, but he couldn't help stealing glances at the athlete, when he thought the older guy wasn't looking.

"Now, I want to introduce you to a very esteemed member of this family." Kluay said as they walked through the stables. He was pretending to sound serious, but Achi knew him well enough to detect a jest in his tone. "My advice it, don't show fear. He'll feel it and he'll use it against you. Mark my words."

Despite believing that the sophomore wouldn't intentionally put him in harm's way, his palms began to sweat, until he saw a horse in an enormous stall, approaching them gracefully. Something about him seemed familiar, and then it hit him where he had seen this beautiful creature before. He actually scoffed at himself internally for not connecting the dots earlier because, in all honesty, who else would have a stud farm in this area? Probably all the lands surrounding the estate belonged to Kluay's family.

"He's something, isn't he? He's name is Prince. You can try and pet him, but proceed with caution," the athlete took Achi's silence for intimidation, "because he has a wild side, and can be unpredictable."

"Like his owner?" The boy asked innocently.

"Ohhh, I like it when you compliment me." Kluay winked at him. "But seriously, be careful and don't take it personally if he acts–"