Day 1

Once the little man who was supposedly the doctor of the crew left, you immediately climbed down from the bed and crawled around the room, ignoring the radiating pain from your torso and right shoulder (collarbone broken? Who knew, who cared). Frantically, you opened all the drawers and checked all the shelves in order to find something you could use as a weapon.

Anything will do.

But you were probably not the only one who had been held captive for a while in that cabin, because there was nothing useful in the room, not even a sharp pen.

You sifted through the wooden cabin twice, and a third time just to confirm to yourself you had nothing. Then the pain claimed its grasp on you, making you curl up in a corner.

You couldn't return to the bed. His smell was everywhere, plus you dreaded the memories that bed was going to hold for you.

«Shit.» you hissed between your teeth.

The cabinet had a connected bathroom (which you had searched as well), and the sight of the shower was the first not-sucking thing of the day. Nevertheless, it took you almost fifteen minutes to move from your curled position to the bathroom.

You turned the tap on and watched the flowing water for a while, before entering the shower. It was hard, since you didn't want to mess up your new bandages, considering that you didn't know if someone would have ever bother to change them or fix you one more time.

You finally managed to wash away the sweat and dried blood from your skin, which looked pale and marked, and even dared to wash your hair using some of the soaps there.

The hell with that, Kid was probably going to torture and murder you anyway, so it wasn't important if he got mad for some stolen soap.

Even if the feeling of the warm water on your body was somehow comforting, you cut it quick. Not being able to tell if someone was entering the room or moving closer was simply too much to bear right now. So you slipped out, immediately covering yourself with the vest you woke up in.

Still to weak to use your Observation haki, you leaned against the door for the rest of the day, glare fixed in the void, ears focused on every little sound coming from the outside. Steps approaching and passing by, some distant laughter, barked orders. No one ever entered Kid's cabin.

When Kid came back, it was the middle of the night and you were crouched between the end of the bed and the wall, in a pitiful half-asleep state. He hardly seemed to notice you, though, sitting at his desk and bending down to examine some maps.

You stiffened, instead, suddenly completely awake.

«Birdie.» he said, after minutes of silence, during which the pumping sound of your heartbeat flooded your ears. You kept yourself from jumping by clamping your fists on your vest.

«I'm bored.» he grumbled «You better entertain me with your words, if you don't want to do it with your body.»

«Wow.» you stated while shaking your head, pushing out your lips a little «Is that your best line? Women must be falling at your feet all the time.»

You saw his grin growing wider, although he never shifted his gaze from the map.

Apparently, he wasn't going to focus on you, at least not at the moment. It really seemed like he just wanted some background noise during his work.

«So... now I'm a valuable hostage, apparently, uh?»

«I wouldn't say valuable.» he replied casually.

«Yeah,» you leaned your head against the wall, watching the ceiling «story of my life.»

«I kinda saw it when all your comrades left you behind.»