Day 5 - part three

«So you met Luffy!»

Koby's grin grew wider and his eyes glowed in admiration at the thought.

You sighed and brought a hand on your head, messing with your hair.

«Strawhat? Yeah, I escorted Aokiji-sensei to Long Ring Long Land... for some reason, he insists in letting pirates go unpunished.»

He frowned a little at your words, but just for an instant.

«I saw him too in Water 7!» he continued enthusiastically «I can't believe the things he did! He got super strong! It's incredible how powerful his crew is and–»

«Oi, Koby.»

The grip on his shoulder was a little too tight to be just friendly. He blinked at you in surprise.

«[Y/n]-san?»

«Don't forget they're pirates.» you stated coldly «they're trash who scampers through the seas terrifying innocent people, and we have to wipe them out.»

A little drop of sweat lined his cheek.

«Y-Yes, but...»

«No buts. This is our duty as marines, and they don't deserve anything but revulsion.» you let him go «See you in Marineford, Koby.»

You had lingered on the doorstep of the cabin long enough. The sun went down and the dim light of the evening spread across the open sea.

Tables of various sizes were set all over the deck, the majority of them loaded with so many bottles of alcohol you couldn't even recognize them all. Food consisted mainly in meat. The pirates were scattered around. The party had already started but some of them were still involved in the preparation of the banquet.

To your surprise, Killer was actually among the cooks. It was the smell of one of the plates he brought to finally lure you out of your lair.

You hadn't eaten properly in days now, your body craved actual food, and the scent was just too inviting. No one seemed to be paying attention to you anyway, so you risked a couple of steps out of the cabin. Still, no one turned to you.

You took a deep breath and finally marched on the deck to reach the closest table.

Drool gathered in your mouth at the sight of the big roasted chicken. Your hand jolted on it before you could think, snatching its leg and sinking your teeth in the juicy meat.

The taste melted in your mouth, sending you to heaven.

God, I needed it.

«Look who's here! The marine girl!»

The sudden utter almost startled you. You slowly turned to the Mohican and a few other pirates, mouth still in the food. Two of them laughed.

«Good, isn't it? Our second in command is also a hell of a cook!»

You roughly tore a bite off, trying to play it cool while you were actually unsure of what to do.

Okay, they weren't gonna touch you. But what were you supposed to do? Party hard with the Kid Pirates like they were your long lost friends? Or acting like a surly bitch the whole night like the prisoner you were?

«What happened, girl, a seaking ate your tongue?» another pirate thundered, amused.

You grimaced at his scarred features.

«My tongue and half of your face!»

So bitch it is.

The others laughed but he looked a bit insulted.