Day 4

Marineford, two years before.

The war was over.

Shanks' crew was facing Blackbeard's crew.

One single curl in the air, and the two tremendous snipers pointed their weapons at each other.

You acted quickly, jumping down the balcony, racing towards the Yonkos.

You wanted to join the battle, you wanted to take down the pirates, to cross your rifle with Yasop's and Augur's, you wanted...

A direct hit sent you flying against some ruins. You coughed and touched your cheek.

Ice.

«Are you trying to get yourself killed?»

Aokiji towered over you in all his impressive height.

«You are no match for those people. Don't act like a child and stay here.»

Your expression crumbled, but he was already looking forward, and he never noticed.

As promised, the day after, Kid left the Victoria Punk to reach one of their lairs, along with Killer, Heat and some other men. Wire was left in charge.

Since they took you captive, that was probably the first day you were not feeling like you were about to be raped or gutted or both.

You couldn't say you were relaxed, but at least you weren't spasmodically tense.

Kid's little gory show from the night before made you feel safer around the crew. It was highly improbable that someone else was willing to try what Gordo did.

Plus, the new drugs really seemed to be miraculous. Or maybe your wounds were starting to heal. You just had your shoulder in plaster cast now, but the side and the pain were definitely better.

At noon, someone knocked to Kid's door. You frowned. Who the hell bothered knocking anyway?

«Hi!»

It was a young guy, probably a few years younger than you, big smile on a freckled face, light brown hair, with no sign of beard on his cheeks. He had a plate full of food and your painkillers.

You twisted your mouth at the sight.

«Who are you supposed to be?»

«I'm Jen, nice to meet you!»

You blinked.

«Why are you acting friendly? What do you want?»

He blinked too.

«Nothing. I was just thinking... you could use some kindness, I mean... you are here captive, the only woman on the ship and stuff.»

Confusion was all over your face.

Was him for real?

«Are you for real?» you asked.

«I... am.» he muttered awkwardly, discouraged by your cynicism.

You took the plate from his hands and began to eat.

He didn't seem to be acting. He actually looked like a good person.

«Are you part of the Kid Pirates?»

He puffed his chest with pride, smiling enthusiastically.

«I am! New recruit!»

«Oh.»

«You don't approve?»

«Well, you know I'm a marine, right?»