Day 23 - part two

«...at that point, I knew my next blow had to be the last, or I'd go down.»

You quickly raised your eyes on him and suppressed a smile.

While Kid was telling his battle stories, he really looked like an amazed child.

His amber gaze was lost in the memories, and a far smirk lingered on his lips (currently painted with his new lipstick, you didn't fail to notice).

You lowered your focus on his hand on your lap and proceeded to apply the black polish on the rest of his nails.

After finishing your turn on the lookout, you had bumped into the captain, who took a look at your cleavage and decided you had other plans for the afternoon.

Since you left him high and dry the night before, he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Somehow, even when he aggressively buried his face in your chest, you managed to save the dress.

«So I stood up again and just summoned all the metal that I could. I hakied up, even if I was already at my limit.»

«You're so reckless.» you absently commented.

He scoffed.

«That's the whole point, birdie. I can't aspire to be the Pirate King if I'm not willing to put my body and my life on the line.»

«I know.»

After the intense activity, you both had a quick shower and were now spending some lazy time sat on his bed.

«He was so fast, for a second I thought he dodged my blow, but I managed to change the trajectory at the last second. And I got him.» a cruel smile spread on his face «I got him so well he ended up splattered all over the yard.»

«How cute.» you lightly blew on his nails «I'm done here.»

Kid brought his hand in front of his face to study your work. A wrinkle settled on his forehead.

«Wow, you're right when you say you suck at this. You really couldn't do a worse job.»

Oh, Kiddo.

A soft smile bent your lips as you quietly took his hand back in your lap.

He watched you with a frown, but let you do.

With a quick movement, you flipped the small flask of polish, pouring the whole content on his skin.

«Here, a worse job.»

His eyes widened and, for a second, he was frozen in disbelief.

You blinked at him.

«And now. Goodbye.»

You jumped and dashed to the door, taking advantage of the moment of stillness.

You barely made it out the cabin before the roar echoed through the ship.

«[Y/N]!!»

«Crapcrapcrapcrap.»

Wearing just shorts and a tank top, you ran for your life, hearing Kid chasing you.

Most of the crew was on the deck when you dived out, chills traveling over your skin for the low temperature.

It was a dark day, and you had entered a very cold area. Small icebergs floated on the black waters, and a cool wind was blowing from the North.

«GET THE FUCK HERE, BIRDIE!»

The pirates bristled at that yell.

«SURE!» you shrieked, not slowing up a bit.