Day 2

You were drowning in the sea, a sea of fire. What island was the one in front of you? You could see the shore.

Punk Hazard... it was Punk Hazard, and it was burning! The flames devoured the ice, as you squirmed in the boiling water, struggling to stay afloat.

The ice was melting so fast...

«AOKIJI-SENSEI!!»

Your scream scared you. You didn't even know you could produce such a sound. You were drowning, and your sensei was nowhere to be seen.

«AOKIJI-SEN...!»

You woke up with a start, finding yourself entangled in sweaty sheets. A transparent tube was coming out from your right arm, connected to an intravenous feeding bag.

Reality hit you like a cannonball, and it was worse than the nightmare.

«Oh, you are awake.» it was the man from yesterday, the doctor «Sorry for the last time... it seems we forgot to feed you.»

Did they? You hardly noticed. You wouldn't have been able to swallow a bite anyway.

«But now you're better and...» his eyes wandered over your body. You were in your underwear, but bandages were covering half of your skin «...surprisingly unhurt.»

«You...» discovering the hard way your voice was tremendously trembling, check. «...go fuck yourself. Doctor.»

He nodded.

«Fair enough. Why am I even bothering, anyway? Our captain will tear you apart in no time. I was expecting pieces of you all over the room this morning, I'm impressed. Oh, I guess he's just tired these days.»

You didn't reply. Every last drop of your energy was precious.

«Listen, marine girl, I'm also here to ask a few questions about these

He rummaged in his big brown bag and pulled out your sniper rifle, along with some small dark spheres. As soon as your eyes caught a glimpse of the objects, your reflexes reacted on their own, jerking towards them. You didn't realize you were tied to the bed until your wrist slammed against the cuff in response to your burst.

You let out a muffled groan of pain and the man laughed.

«Do you really think we are that stupid? Anyway, back to the topic: can you explain please? We've never seen anything like this.»

Of course not. All made by Vegapunk (with your modest contribution).

«It's a rifle. The spheres are not mine.» you lied with flat voice.

«Listen marine girl, I'm trying to be nice here, but-»

«ENEMY SHIP! ENEMY SHIP APPROACHING!!»

Someone was yelling on the deck. You could hear things heating up outside, with pirates shouting and running around, preparing for the battle.

The little man tensed up immediately.

«Shit! I should go in the basement.»

«What?!» you squealed.

«I'm no warrior, and these are probably Big Mom's men.»

Your eyes widened in horror.

«What. The actual. Fuck.»

You suddenly remembered some of the last information you had regarding the Kid Pirates. It seemed that they enjoyed burning down some of Big Mom's ships, lately.