Day 5 - part two

You spent the afternoon cleaning up the deck, thankfully not only by yourself, and dispensing glares at the ones who dared staring at you for too long.

Well, better cleaning than being tortured.

«Stupid pirates.» you grumbled between your teeth, kicking a heavy corpse overboard.

«Oi, you are a marine. You should be more empathic.»

The doctor approached you.

Most of the men were busy with the preparations for the party. You hadn't seen Eustass Kid for a while.

Actually, you weren't comfortable at all with the idea of him and the crew getting all drunk and railed up knowing that they had a captive woman on board. You were waiting for your chance to sneak below deck and look for the tenders, but there were too many men on the ship, and someone was always around.

«Fuck empathy! Tonight will probably be my last.»

The doctor hummed.

Rude.

«Ya'know, you fought alongside these pirates more than once by now. They may be asses, but they have their pride.»

You bitterly shook your head.

«Yes, will you remind them when they're all drunk and horny?»

He didn't answer, and you didn't like it.

«Just cut the crap, doc. I'm sick about this pride bullshit. Please, leave me alone.»

The darkness was descending, and your anxiety was increasing.

You wandered around, pondering your options.

If bad comes to worst, I could simply jump overboard.

Getting eaten by a seaking wasn't a pleasant perspective but still better than been raped to death by dozens of wild pirates.

You made a mental note to stay close to the taffrail.

Some metallic noises caught your attention and you turned to a closed door.

«I wouldn't go there if I were you.»

Killer's voice startled you, your hand jerking away from the door's knob.

Your eyes darted to the second in command.

«Please, tell me more about what you wouldn't do.»

«Well, I wouldn't get caught by a pirate crew, for starters.»

You nodded, curling your lips.

«Useful.»

«That's Kid's workshop. No one gets in unless he specifically demands it.»

«Pity.» you commented with tired voice.

Killer observed your tensed body.

You were really having a hard time trying to keep calm now, waves of nausea were contracting your stomach and your head felt like ice.

«Why don't you come help in the kitchen?»

You pinched the bridge of your nose.

«Yes please! So I can poison you all, and end it in a single blow.»

He sighed.

«You are not the kind of woman that makes things easier for herself, are you.»

«I wish I were. I probably wouldn't be here.»

«True.» he took his leave «Stay away from the kitchen.»

You were leaning onto the taffrail, gaze buried below the dark waves, dark as the thoughts dancing in your tortured mind.