Night 5

I wanted to thank you for all the love you expressed for this work. I adore One Piece and I love writing, you guys just make everything worth it.

*

Despite your best effort to keep a neutral expression, an enthusiastic grin entered your features, uninvited but unavoidable.

The contour of Marineford appeared on the horizon, between the waves.

The old bicycle squeaked on the ice, the white broad back obstructing most of your view, like the days before.

«Alright girl, we're almost there.»

Aokiji's deep voice amplified your excitement.

«Yes!» the young you whispered.

«Now, there's just one thing.»

You blinked at his back.

«No more talking about the One Piece. It was okay since it was just you and me now, but people here don't like it. It's a pirate thing.»

«Oh.»

It was all you could say. You didn't even realize you went on over and over about it. You never had other people to talk to before, and Aokiji probably knew that, so he didn't stop you.

Marineford's bay was crowded with ships and soldiers in uniform with serious faces.

You felt small when you first laid your foot on it, but the Admiral's wide presence kept you inside an invisible safe zone.

«It won't be easy girl, you'll go through a very hard training. You'll have to prove you're strong enough.»

You suddenly stopped walking.

I was never strong enough.

When he noticed, Aokiji stopped as well, turning to you.

Your eyes were glued to the cement of the dock. He sighed.

You felt him getting closer and, suddenly, a large hand rested on your head.

The warmth of his touch spread down to your face and deeper, inside your chest, like something safe and soft in your emptiness.

«I know you'll be fine.»

He didn't say anything else, and resumed walking immediately after, with you hobbling behind to keep up with his long steps.

During the following years, hard moments came and passed. You were convinced you were going to die, you were absolute trash, you felt lost several times.

But every time it was too much, you thought about his hand on your head.

He never touched you again, not that way. No one did.

It was your only memory of warmth, and it was enough to push you through hell.

There was no way you could escape Eustass Kid.

He used his metallic arm to trap you against his body, while his blazing lips devoured yours.

And you were answering.

Grasped on his blood-red locks, you were divided between the need of air and the battle you were fighting (and losing) against his tongue.

His flesh hand suddenly grabbed your hair, giving a painful tug and tearing your face off his.

The beast attacked your neck. When his teeth made contact with your sensitive skin, a thousands shivers roamed through your body, and you felt a squeeze somewhere in your lower abdomen.