Day 18 and 19

«K-Kid... let go.»

And his eyes were cold and dead, but they were fixed on you.

He was seeing you this time, and there was nothing but disdain in his amber gaze.

His hand choked you with no effort, face motionless, a spurt of blood erupted from your lips.

There was someone else in the darkness of the cabin.

A tall man, a tall man in white leaned against the wooden wall.

He was looking at the scene almost bored, sleeping mask hanging from his neck.

Your lungs were burning from the lack of air, the pain in your throat was unbearable.

«Aokiji... sensei...»

He sighed, shaking his head in resignation.

«What were you thinking, [Y/n]?»

The sounds of soft tissues breaking came from your neck.

«Seeking affection from a man like Eustass Kid? Look at him.»

Tears were streaming down your cheeks.

The red pirate was killing you. Again, boredom and contempt were all you could read in his expression.

«But I...»

«And yet again...» Aokiji tilted his head «what was I expecting?»

Something soft hit your face, but it was enough to make you jump among the sweated sheets.

You woke up with unsteady breath and heart pounding. You grasped the extra pillow on your face and tossed it away.

It took several blinks to recognize the infirmary.

«Jeez, girl.»

You turned to the bed beside yours.

The Mohican was laying there, annoyed face and no pillow. His leg was completely covered in bandages.

«Don't glare at me like that. You went on and on whining the whole fucking night! I couldn't sleep at all!»

You opened your mouth to snap something back and immediately regretted it.

Your throat was on fire, and trying to talk made your trachea hurt terribly.

A cramp and a viscous warmth between your legs reminded you of your period.

A pained grimace entered your features and you averted your focus from him.

«Yeah, it sucks.»

His voice was quieter now, a tinge of sadness within.

"Thorin is dead"

A mix of tormenting emotions squirmed in your chest, adding up on the physical pain.

The image of Kid's eyes and his hand wrapped around your neck flashed in your mind.

You tried to swallow, but your wounded throat refused to do such a thing.

Your hands ran to hide your face.

«Captain Kid did that to you, didn't he?»

You didn't move.

«When he's like that, he could go as far as kill a nakama without even realizing it. Which is ironic, if you think he's in that condition because we lost a nakama.»