Night 6 - part one

How many seconds had passed since you heard the lookout? Minutes? Hours?

You didn't move from your position, hand on the doorknob, gaze fixed in the void.

What was the best course of action?

A sudden thought flashed through your mind.

They will lock me in if I don't get out now.

Honestly, that was the first thing the pirates should have done, having a marine prisoner on the ship.

You gritted your teeth.

Get out, [Y/n], get out now!

Swallowing, you forced yourself to open the door and step into the stormy night.

The rain was pouring, and the wind was bowling against the sails. Angry waves were violently rocking the ship back and forth.

The men were shouting to communicate, most of them running around to fetch the weapons for the battle, others taking care of the ship.

You allowed yourself to glance around for a second, hoping to spot someone from the top ranks. You needed to know where Eustass, Killer, Heat and Wire were, at least.

But you also had no time to lose.

In the roaring darkness, you couldn't distinguish the warship on the horizon.

They had to see you. To know you were alive.

You had to hide and wait for the right chance to go past the pirates' line.

Two men near you turned to your direction.

Time's up, [Y/n].

Taking advantage of a particularly powerful wave, you jerked starboard, trying to vanish in the rain.

And you managed to make more or less three steps.

A strong arm appeared out of nowhere, wrapping around your waist, while a big hand harshly pressed against your mouth.

The grip was sudden and tight, you didn't even have time to realize it.

You were moved with impressive speed, air and rain running through your locks as the deck flashed in front of your eyes. Then you rose.

Never in your life you had climbed the main mast so quickly. Seeing the deck getting far, you instinctively grasped on the arm secured around your torso.

Once inside the crow's nest, your captor dropped you on the floor.

You slid away, immediately to your feet, a fierce expression contracting your features.

Killer closed the hatch behind him.

«Massacre Soldier. Let me go.» you hissed.

He didn't even listen to you, pointing towards the sea with a tilt of his head. The rain was pounding against the glasses.

You followed the direction. It was visible now.

It was a common warship, but still pretty imposing on the stormy sea.

Your mouth suddenly dried at the sight of the Marines sail.

You closed the distance to the window, pressing your forehead on the glass.

Killer stood beside you.

His presence was usually discreet but in that moment you could feel all his threatening combat power. Even if he had a neutral attitude towards you, the appearance of your original party suddenly made you his enemy again.