Night 6 - part two

Trigger warning: there is some dub-con content and BDSM in this chapter. Nothing extreme, but read with caution, please.

*

«You.»

The commodore stepped in the mess hall and pointed at your figure, dining alone on a solitary table. As always.

As a recruit in training (second year, to be precise) you would have been expected to stand to attention immediately at the presence of an official. Some of your comrades had already jumped to their feet.

You just raised your head from the plate, chewing slowly. The man's eyebrow twitched but, for some reason, he decided to overlook your impudence.

«You've been summoned. Come with me.»

Without a word you stood, placing your tray on the cart before following him outside, the whispers of the other marines trailing behind you. They didn't bother to keep their voices low enough.

You were used to it. Not that you didn't try to fit in, at first. You just had awful social skills.

Every time you attempted to have a casual conversation, you always ended up talking too much or too little, or saying something that sounded perfectly normal to you, but had all your audience shut in an awkward silence. They didn't like you to eat at their table and they didn't like to pair with you during training, so you eventually decided to spare them and yourself some embarrassment and just be on your own. You could tell they were relieved.

Loneliness was nothing new to you, who grew up in a stinking orphanage, but it didn't help with your bitter personality, to the point you were often dancing at the limit of insubordination.

The commodore climbed the stairs to the last floor, then stopped in front of the door of a small meeting hall.

You blinked at him.

«Your presence is requested inside.» he dryly said.

Shooting him an uncertain glance, you opened the door and stepped in.

The captain of your squad was sitting to the desk and, in front of him, stood an extremely tall man. A man you hadn't seen in a year and a half, since you first set foot in the headquarter.

«Admiral Aokiji?» you whispered before you realized.

The captain slammed an angry punch to the table.

«Stand to attention in front of your superiors, girl!»

You gasped and, this time, you obeyed.

«See, this is what I was talking about! She doesn't respect authority, she doesn't care about team working, she barely even listens to orders!»

A cold shiver shook your guts.

You knew that was what people thought about you. Aokiji knowing you were that bad was not the same thing though.

«Arara.» he sighed, rubbing his neck «What about her marks?»

«Average.» the captain huffed.

Aokiji lifted an eyebrow.

«Even sharpshooting?»

«Bah, nothing special.»

«What?!» you suddenly blurted «I'm the best sniper of the academia!»

«SHUT THE FUCK UP!» the man barked, standing «You need to learn your place, girl!»