Day 17

Trigger warning: disturbing scene towards the end of the chapter.

*

Most of the crew woke up considerably late the morning after.

You opened your eyes when the sun was already bright outside, light filtering in the cabin.

The sheet was wrinkled around your waist and fingers. When you stretched your muscles, you noticed Kid's flesh arm abandoned over your side, while his forehead leaned on your back.

Your body felt sore and your inner walls were achy.

«LAND!»

The lookout's yell resounded from the deck.

«Kid?»

A low groan told you he woke up too.

You frowned.

«We reached an island?»

«Hm.»

«I didn't know that–WAH!»

You squealed when Kid took a bite from your hip before lifting himself up.

«You're not supposed to know.» he said, ruffling his bed-hair.

You glared at him, collecting the sheet around your naked body.

«What are you doing? There's nothing I haven't seen already there.» he snickered, tilting his head and letting the shock of red hair follow his movement.

«There's nothing you didn't mark either.» you mumbled, glancing at the skin under the sheet.

His eyes dropped on the mattress and the smile disappeared from his features.

«What's that?»

You followed his gaze and gasped at the wide red stain.

«Fuck.»

«I didn't make you bleed so much yesterday...» his attention flicked on you «...did I?»

«No, it's not you.» you grumbled, pouting «It's my period. Well, at least I'm not pregnant.»

«I hope so!» he blurted «I'm using those fucking things to avoid it!»

«Yeah, you didn't always use them.» you rolled your eyes «Anyway, I'll bleed a lot for a few days. Get used to it.»

«No no no no no no no, I can't see that shit.» he said, opening the door of the bathroom «Fuck, you even smell like blood!»

You lifted an eyebrow.

What is he, a bloodhound?

«What's the matter, Eustass? I though you were a fan of blood.»

His fingers tightened the grip around the door and the wood started to crack.

«That's exactly the matter.» he hissed without turning.

You blinked.

Oh.

It triggers his sadistic side.

«Fine. I'll take care of this.»

«Good.» he quickly said, before getting in the bathroom.

While he was in the shower, you took away the sheets and throw them in a corner, to be brought in the laundry room later.

Replaying Kid's reaction in your head, a small smile formed on your face before you could avoid it.