Chapter 10

-o0O0o-

Over the next 5 years:

Silvette grew up into a beautiful young girl who was quite popular despite being a lower nobles daughter. When seen in public she used her Ice magic to place small ice crystals in her hair. And it soon became a trend for women to display their magick type with some sort of decoration. Although there was an incident with some fire based noble who thought it would be a good idea to put her fire in her hair. (No, it wasn't Erica)

She continued to grow as a magician and in her character. She finally perfected her "Fera character" and although it became quite easy to pull on her mask, she still enjoyed playing her. Acting as "Fera" she gained quite a bit of support from the court and showed no one what she was truly like. A bit after she turned six she almost slipped up, because of meeting someone.

___________________________________________

Silvette's POV:

Ugh~ I'm bored~ I think to myself as I walk through the garden. I look around and spot a child hauling out a bucket from the well. I approach them and see . . .

OH.

MY.

GOD.

There's a little girl standing in front of me with dusty black hair and wide turquoise eyes. And she has ears! Cat ears! Like an meif'wa! OH MY GOD! I need to hug her and squish her cheeks and pet her ears and brush her tail and-

"E-Excuse me miss?" Said a small timid voice. I look down at the equally small girl and smile brightly before remembering who I am. Or rather who I was supposed to be.

I clear my throat and look at her "yes?" "C-can I h-help you?" She asked looking scared "Yes, yes you can. What is your name?" The girl looked somewhat surprised "It-its Marie miss."

"Well Marie, who do you work for?" "I-Im owned by the Roslanita household but my assignment is to assist the cook." Owned? I think to myself before remembering

Ahh yes, In this world there is a race called the Beasten who are enslaved by humans. This girl must be one of them. I look at her and ask, "Well, from now on you will be my personal servant"

___________________________________________

Silvette asked her father for permission to have Marie as her personal servant and he gave it to her willingly. Marie was soon very loyal to Silvette, although she can't seem to get over her shyness.

Silvette learned magic at a frighteningly fast pace although she made sure to hide her true power and worth from everyone, letting them only see enough to regard her as a talented beauty. But not to speciall. In secret she would practice her enchantment magick until she finally mastered it.

The servants of her home were loyal to both her and her sister, although their loyalty leaned in her direction more than that of her sister. When Erica was 8 and Silvette 7, Erica Announced to their family that she was going to become an actress. Silvette of course almost lost it when she heard this, but held in her laughter. Erica over the years had lessened in the brattiness department but she still had a deep hatred of Silvette. Although, she had a grudging respect for her and was a tad bit scared of her as well.

Once she turned 8, Silvette started disguising herself as the flamboyant Emma and going into town where she made many connections and met someone she could trust with showing her true self.

___________________________________________

Silvette's POV:

I sat in the Dancing Dove. A popular bar in town populated mostly by thieves and rogues. (Anyone get this reference? I swear to god if no one does I will be SOOO upset) A couple people nod at me slightly as they walk in, after all it's been awhile since I first came in here and i've made a bit of a name for myself~

"The Rose Dealer" I would pay good money for information and valuable objects. Not to mention punishing those who tried to scam me. I had a reputation of although having a ruthless small child who had fondness for beasten and who always repaid a debt.

A young man sat down next to me and smiled charmingly at me. "So, you're the dreaded Rose Dealer?" I wink at him, and although I am a child, I was incredibly tall, not to mention wearing 3 inch heels so I look a bit older than i really am. Although still quite young. "That depends on who's asking handsome~" I said in the usual flirtatious Emma way.

"The Starlight Thief, that's who" He said. I blinked for a moment. The Starlight Thief was considered a notorious figure in the criminal community. A Thief that had not missed his target once. He was called the Starlight Thief because he had apparently gotten some sort of enchanted item with both fire and light magick aspect on it, which created the magick of stars.

I look at him and begin to laugh. "What, do you doubt me?" Said the Starlight thief. "No, it's not that I doubt you. No one in this community would be stupid enough to imitate someone powerful. Not to mention it breaks the code." Although thieves and rogues are criminals, there is a code that they all follow. "I just can't believe that I just met you you do after all have quite the reputation"

I smile at him and he smiles back "Well Star? How can I help you~"

___________________________________________

Silvette and Star grew close, as comrades. Eventually Silvette showed him who she truly was. And he was surprised. He is the only person who know knows the real Silvette and all her many faces. As they grew close, they also grew larger in the underground community. Star was soon placed on the Protectors Councils most wanted list.

The Protectors Council, which was in some way the enforcers of law. They were a group of 6 powerful individuals whose authority was slightly below the Kings. They were the protectors of the land who usually consisted of young geniuses. The Council holds a trial to change their members every 8 years

Silvette is now dedicating herself to finding some way to apply both her and others magick to an object and twisting it so that she would be able to change her form. Also, she studied almost every book on transformation to try and find some spell or way to turn herself into a beasten.

During her practicing of magick, Silvette mastered her ability to change her size. She also created ice wings for herself that and enchanted them with her air magick so they could allow her to fly without using her magick directly.

In 1 day Silvette will turn 10, and her social debut party will happen.

(Oh jesus this chapter threw me through a loop, so many time skips, alternating perspectives, Sylvette apparently being an 8 year old crime child, Marie's existance as a whole, just, wow)