Chapter 25

25

Star's POV (surprise~)

Star followed Rose down the long hallway leading towards his new class. Star looked at Rose with a bright grinned that grew when she glared at him. He knew she didn't mean it, that it was just a act and that made him happy.

He and Rose -oops he should probably call her Silvy right?- He and Silvy -nevermind that sounds weird - He and Rose reached their destination, Rose's homeroom, 6 minutes before class was scheduled to begin.

Rose opened the door for Star, who smiled brightly at her then walked in. The old woman sitting at the desk looked up at them and stood. "Miss Roslanita, and who is this?" "Professor Haynest, this is distant cousin of mine, Estrella Bluemente." Star's smile widened as he heard this name. Roses friends had come up with it. They had explained that it ment Star in an ancient language.

He liked those girls, they were clever, useful and Rose trusted them that of course meant that he would trust them to. 

"Ahh, well miss Bluemente, you are more than a little late for this semester but I'm sure that you will do fine being related to one of our star students." Professor Haynest gave Rose a fond look and then waved them both towards their seats.

"Miss Roslanita, you will be needed in the student council room this evening to help plan the introduction of who I'm sure you have heard rumors about." Rose nodded and sat down, shooting Star a quick look that he understood perfectly.

The Wolf Emperor, dam him. As Star sat down, his side where the Emperor had shot him gave a twinge of pain. Star kept up his smile, but couldn't keep from wincing. 

Dang it hurt. And badly. It was worth it though. Rose had been able to do something amazing with that ring and the look that had been on her face when he had shown it to her was amazing. He couldn't get enough of her praise.

He looked around at the students as they began to pour in, and the students looked back at him with different expressions. Girls looked at him with either envy, curiosity, interest or- was that some admiration?

Envy, he knew was because of his awesome looks as a girl. He had always been a bit of a pretty boy, and had occasionally dressed up as one to get in and out of places he wanted to go to. Looking good was an advantage he was not above using to get what he wanted.

Curiosity, was obviously because he was new there, and like the teacher had said, more than a little late for the semester. 

Interest was there for most likely the same reason and some of the girls may be considering inviting him to lunch, getting to use 'the new girl' status to their advantage to grab him first and use his cute face to promote their own popularity.

He was not completely sure why admiration was mixed up in there and he quickly replayed the couple days that had passed since he had arrived at the academy. After a bit of thinking he thought he understood. Rose was quite popular here wasn't she? So if he had been seen leaving the restaurant with her or hanging out with her, Reina and Haze in general he would be assumed to be in their group.

Nodding slightly he moved onto the boys who were looking at him. There was curiosity again, envy probably because of whatever closeness he had with Rose, admiration because of whatever closeness he had with Rose and . . . something he chose not to look into further.

Nothing completely hostile though. Thought Star, and then he saw him. A raven haired male sat further behind the girls who had been glaring at him. Raven-hair was ignoring a green haired boy who's chatter seemed to be directed both towards raven-hair and a crowd of girls.

Raven-hair looked at Star with something he was quite used to, suspicion. Uhh oh. That's not very good. Star flashed raven-hair the cutest, most innocent smile he could manage and grabbed quite a few other guys attention in the process. Raven-hair's eyes widened for a moment before narrowing back into suspicious slits. 

Nope, not very good at all.

Star stood up and walked over to raven-hair. "Hi! I'm Estrella!" he said sweetly. Raven-hair's green haired friend turned and did a double take, probably wondering how he hadn't seen such a cute girl before. "Hello there Estry I'm Len, are you new here? You must be right?" Star completely ignored him and continued to watch raven-hair.

Raven-hair looked at Star cautiously and nodded slowly. "Dean Derekstine." Oh shootshootshootshoot. Derekstine was the name of that detective that had been hired to catch him a couple years ago. That dumb old man wouldn't leave him alone. This must be his son. Star smiled and nodded, ignoring the feeling of cold ice in his gut.

Len looked from Star to Dean, put out from being ignored. "You know, I know the academy inside out, I could show you around." Star smiled and shook his head "No thanks, Rose and her friends already promised to do that." 

Len blinked and tilted his head, probably running through his mental book of girls who went to the academy. "Umm, who?" 

"Oh sorry, you would call her Silvette."

This got Len's attention. "Woah. You know Silvette? And she's going to show you around with those two friends of hers?" Star nodded, still looking at Dean. "Yep, me and Rose are great friends. We go way back." Len looked like he was about to say something else but at that moment Star had decided that he had done enough scouting. He would have to tell Rose what he had learned.

Walking away from Dean, Len, and the small crowd that had gathered around them, Star heard Len speak "Dang Dean, I think she's into you, you lucky jerk." 

I both somewhat like and fucking hate this chapter. On one hand, we're out of 1st person hell!! Star gets to shine in his role as an overconfident MC having fun even though he's one mistake from being arrested!! Longer more understandable chapter!! You can actually tell my writing is improving here, which makes me happy. 
On the other hand, like, everything else. Ow, cringe. Ow, bad fantasy names.

Len is alright though. 

I like Len.