Chapter 27

27 (dang, is Silvy even the MC anymore?)

"Emperor, these are all the blond haired Students we have." the Emperor nodded and his eyes roamed over the crowd. Star wanted to shrink into the background and slink away like he normally did when he was under suspicion but he remembered what Rose had once told him. 

"Sometimes, in order to not be noticed you have to present yourself up front."

So, Star pulled on a look of rapt adoration and stared at the Wolf Emperor as if he was his idol. When the Emperor looked at Star, he started to smile, but then he saw the look of idolization on his face and his smile faltered. He continued to look around and pointed at 12 boys and 2 girls. "You all, go." He said in a powerful voice.

The students left, although one girl with a bit of disappointment, and the Emperor walked up to the line of students. He examined one boy and waved him away then stopped in front of a nervous, flat chested girl. 

"Hello." He said smoothly. "What is your name?" 

"I-its Maira sir!" The girl squeaked out. 

"Well Maira, can you do me a favor and show me your left side?" Maira squeaked. 

"W-what?" 

"Well you see, I shot an a row at the thief and you happen to have the right hair and body type to be him. So just show me your side and if there's not a wound, I'll let you go." 

Maira nodded enthusiastically and unturned her shirt, lifting it up enough to show the smooth, un-hurt skin of her side.

The Emperor nodded and waved her off and she skittered out of the room looking quite like a mouse. Rose shot Star a look that he couldn't ignore. It was a, how-could-you-not-tell-me-you-were-hurt look that made him feel bad.

He would have shot her his own because-I'm-supposed-to-be-the-best-and-the-best-dont-get-hurt look, but he remembered something else rose had told him. "Never break character. Ever. As soon as you do, the game is up." So, Star kept his look of adoration on his face as he stared at the Emperor.

The Emperor was three people away from him now and Star was starting to sweat. 

Two people. 

One person. 

And now the Emperor stood right in front of him. Star thought quickly, "What would a fangirl do?" and shot his mouth off. "H-Hi! I'm Estrella Bluemente and I'm your biggest fan!" The Emperor looked at him with a touch of annoyance and Star knew he was on the right path. "I saw you in the blood lily tournament and you were so cool!" this was a lie, Star hadn't even gone to the tournament. 

The Wolf Emperor frowned.

 "Do you need to see my side to? Here-" 

"No need, just go." The Emperor waved his hand and Star blinked, trying to look disappointed and hide his elation.

As Star walked out of the auditorium, he heard Rose say, "I apologize for my cousins rudeness. She is simply a big admirer of you. I hope you can forgive her." Star smiled, knowing what Rose was doing. She was showing her conections with him, making the Emperor doubt that he was anything more than another fangirl.

-o0O0o-

Kai sat in his room frustrated. He hadn't found the thief. This was ridiculous! Those stupid students hadn't been able to tell him a single thing. Kai ran over the students he had questioned in his head. Maira, poor girl he felt bad for her. So timid and nervous. Probably bullied to. But he had not learned anything from from her.

Deven, a small pretty boy had looked the part but his eyes were to white and he had no wound. And that last girl, what was her name? Estrella. She had looked similar to the thief although only slightly. Honestly, the only similarity was their hair. Everything else was completely different. And the way she had stared at him both annoyed and creeper him out.

The arrow had lead Kai to this academy and he was certain that the thief was here but where? If only the tracking was more specific than just the general area. That thief must be laughing at his stupidity right now.

Ok I do actually like this chapter. Like, it isn't written the best but the potential is there. Star avoiding Kai's suspicion via being over-eager, Star and Rose's back and forth best friend telepathy, Star's issues with how he refuses to portray himself as anything other than the best-- it's all very fun