Chapter 3: Taking You

( if you don't know what the boys look like, here is a photo of them )

I didn't know whether to be happy or not that I'm leaving, I'm just shocked that somebody actually chose me after all those families turned away

I didn't know whether to be happy or not that I'm leaving, I'm just shocked that somebody actually chose me after all those families turned away. Although, I've never seen people so young looking to adopt. Strange. But yet here I am once again, packing my bags to live with people I don't even know, all the 'exciting' life of me. For some reason I felt calm about moving this time, maybe it really was time for me to get out of this orphanage, I've been here for 2 years after all...

With all my belongings in my blue suitcase, I walked down the cold halls for one last time before walking into the reception hall. It's crazy how much crap I've put up with in this orphanage, when I made that decision to go here rather than flying to my uncle I imagined a happy place that I would be welcomed into, the reality is the people here don't care and they never did, I could even tell through Mia and Kayla that they hated it here when I first saw them from their tone of voices, but they always looked on the positive sides of things so I just didn't question it, I should've questioned what goes on here. They only care when I leave because then they don't have to deal with 1 less orphan. The 5 boys stood looking at me as I approached them, I couldn't help but feel awkward and shy. I don't know these people and now I have to live with them?
"This is your new family Y/N, I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly and have an amazing life. We will all miss you dearly" the receptionist claimed, I knew she was lying by the tone of her voice, see how she all of a sudden cares as soon as I leave.
We climbed into the car with expensive looking blacked out windows, why would you need blacked out windows? They had an assistant that helped me carry my suitcases from the gate to the trunk of the car, something is up. We sat in the car for a little while before they turned around.

The skinny boy with blond hair turned.
"We get that this is probably really weird for you, I can't imagine being locked in such a small room for 2 years"
"Corbyn, she would've had friends in there, it wouldn't be that bad" the younger looking boy with a brown hair quiff replied.
"Guys c'mon she will be scared enough hearing our conversation and not even knowing who we are" the boy with brown hair and striking blue eyes explained.
I just sat in the very back of the 7 seater car speechless, I didn't know what to say or what to do, I'm not used to this, I want Mia and Kayla to be here with me to experience what I'm experiencing. I've never seen such an ironic life ever since I watched Mean Girls.

Each guy began to introduce themselves.
"As you probably heard, I'm Corbyn Besson, I'm 18"
"I'm Jack Avery but people call me noodles, I'm 18 also"
"I'm Jonah Marais, I'm 19"
"I'm Daniel Seavey, musical prodigy, I'm 18"
"And I'm Zach Herron, I'm 16"
They waited for my introduction
"Well, uh, I'm Y/N Y/LN and I'm 15"

"Well hello Y/N, basically we are going to drive back to our place and show you where you are going to be staying" Jonah explained.
"Wait, before we go.. why did you pick me? Why did you decide to adopt at all?" I asked
"I'll explain" Daniel offered
"Your story was in the LA newspapers and it was broadcasted on TV, they found out the identities of the fallen and traced the family tree back to you, from there they got the police reports of what you have been up to. It's scary what the media can find out. When we saw how your parents died and it made us think about what we would do if our parents died like that, we thought that we should give you a better life. It took a while.."
"2 years to be exact" Jack added
"...but once our house was approved to let you stay in, we came straight to this orphanage, the police told us that you were in this one. Our adoption was approved this morning" Daniel grinned at me as he finished his sentence so I smiled back with a few tears clinging to my eyelids.
"But how did the media find out about me?"
"We don't really know, but all of that is over now, we are going to protect you" Daniel reassured me.
"I can't thank you guys enough, times have been pretty rough for me recently so I really appreciate that you are willing to put me back on my feet" I grinned. I trust these people, even though I met them a few moments ago, I can tell that they will help me through my drama, all my problems, or I hope they will do that at least, not neglect me like my parents did.