Chapter 26: Invitation

Y/Ns POV

Life for me ever since I left the orphanage for the first time feels like I've been living it into fast motion, as fast as you're reading this sentence. It felt like yesterday when I left that orphanage and had the time of my life, but now, it was time I moved on. This family has taken me in after all. But enough of the sentimental stuff, it's about time I got ready for the concert.

I wore fishnets underneath a pair of black shorts and I wore a black and orange sweatshirt that Corbyn gave me, even though I'm not with them anymore doesn't mean that I want to forget them, besides, this sweatshirt is the comfiest thing I've ever worn, thanks Corbyn. My door flew open as I was putting on my makeup, it was Alice and Lia and they were holding pots of glitter, grinning at me.

They began to put glitter across the side of my face, making me look like a walking disco-ball, but I must admit, it looked really pretty. You could tell that the girls were rich af, they were head to toe in designer clothes worth at least $100+ each, and that's a minimum. I don't think I've ever actually been to a concert before, so this is a whole new experience for me and I've got high expectations of it, I'm expecting one of the best nights of my life from this. We all began to walk down the marble stairs, grabbing our phones and purses before heading out of the grand high front door. I still don't know if I can call this place home or not, it is a very nice house, but it doesn't feel like home, maybe I just need to settle in a bit more.
We exited the door and saw a black limousine with bullet-proof, blacked-out windows, why does everyone in LA need this much privacy? We embarked on a journey to the concert hall which was on the other side of LA, so there was a bit too much time for small talk. And I hated small talk.

I could tell right off of the bat that this family wasn't famous, they were just rich, very.. very rich. I knew this because there wasn't swarms of people running after our car like there was when I was with Why Don't We.
"So.. Y/N, where are you from?" The father asked me whilst he was driving the car.
"I'm from LA" I replied.
"If you don't mind me asking.. how did you get into that orphanage in the first place?" He asked.
"It's a long story, my parents were killed in a plane crash while they were on the plane to Spain, they left me in our apartment and when I was told by the police that they were dead.. I was told to either go to my uncle who I don't like very much or go to the orphanage, so.. you can tell which option I took."
"I'm sorry" he says sympathetically whilst he turns the endless corners in Downtown LA.
The sounds of culture blasting through the speakers complimented the sky-scrapers that lined the streets, it felt like I was in a movie, like none of this was real, like I should be waking up.

But I knew that it wasn't a dream, this was real life, and this isn't how I expected to be living it.

At the end of a long road was the sunset, and everybody in the car gazed in awe. The GPS built into the car alerted us that the venue was only 2 minutes away, since the family owned the venue, we had to get there early so that we could make sure that everything was in shape. The car began to slow down and we walked into the venue slowly. Taking it all in.

The venue was an echoey hall, lined with top of the range disco lights and 5 microphones set out on the stage. I had no clue how many people were coming, but if it was going to be busy, oh wow was it going to be chaos. We walked backstage whilst Lia and Alice followed behind with their eyes glued to their phone screens, they clearly weren't interested in any of this stuff, they were just here for the concert, however I found it quite interesting. There was tons of computers behind the stage, all looking at different angles of the stage, I assumed for security reasons and for looking at the stage setting. Anyway, I got to decide on the colour of the stage so I chose (your favourite colour).

It wasn't long after that crowds of people were being let into the venue, we were stood in front row because we got there so early, we could practically see every single detail of the microphones we were that close. There was a bunch of screaming fan girls and fan boys, pushing and shoving to get to the front. We were stood there for what seemed like hours waiting for the show to start, I couldn't focus on the concert because of being pushed around, the venue was very very hot. All of a sudden the lights went dim, I finally sighed a breath of relief as this was a sign that the show was about to begin, I clutched onto the metal barriers as hard as I could to avoid being pushed to the back of the crowd, I wasn't moving an inch. Screams of thousands of people invaded my eardrums as the lights gradually grew brighter, the group of singers were stood in front of me, and I gazed in awe..

-------------------------------------

As you can tell, I had a gap between chapters there, and that's because I want to put out nothing but the best for you guys to read, follow my Instagram @/typical.wdw to know when I release a chapter, thanks! ♥️