Chapter 24: Left Me Broken

Y/Ns POV

I had a moment of pause as those words left her mouth, 'it's Kayla' ringed constantly in my head, over and over, until my mind could fully accept it. I slowly lifted myself up from my bed with bruises on my shoulders from my fall, I threw myself into Kaylas arms. "Why are you here?" I asked her, breaking away.
"My adopters were psychopaths, I ran away back here because of how needy they were, I needed to bring you back here because I would've never cope here on my own, the only way I could get you to come here was... if I 'kidnapped' you"
I stare at her blankly before pushing my hands against the window behind me, in realisation that the boys could be in need of my help. I turn back around to Kayla.
"What did you do to my family, I was happy Kayla, you.. YOU left me here! And now because you're back you want me to be here?" I snap at her.
"You don't understand!" She appeals.
"Oh I think I do understand, do you know how much this orphanage had ruined my life in the first place, I finally found people, they love and trust me. They're probably worried sick about me because you tazed me right in front of them!"
As those words left my mouth I felt like I was going to be sick. I want to see the boys and tell them that I was okay, tell them that I'm sorry for trying to leave. This wouldn't have happened if I wasn't about to leave. Yes I understand that I was going to come here in the first place, but that was only because Kayla threatened to hurt my friends, I would still be at home if it wasn't for Kayla, I would be happy if it weren't for her right now. I pressed my forehead against the large window and the breath of panic leaving my nostrils and mouth left mist on the windows.
"You.. you can't go back" she mutters.
"And why shouldn't I" I snap at her.
"I don't have anyone else.."
"Oh yeah?.. what about Mia, I doubt she's that far away"
"Did you not hear?.." she looks at her shoes.
"Hear what"
"Mia...Mia died in a car accident.. Y/N, her car fell off a cliff"
"Oh my god... Mia.." I whisper to myself.
I begin to run towards the dorm door and Kayla stands in front of it.
"Y/N.. please.." she pleads.
"MY NEW FAMILY COULD BE DEAD" I shout at her in disgust.
Suddenly Kaylas mood shifts fast.
"Oh well IM SORRY little miss Why Don't We pet, it was a taser. GET OVER IT"
I was enraged as I heard those words, I violently shoved her out of the way of the door and began to run down the hallways into the reception hall where the woman greeted me, it was the same woman as the one I saw last time.
I plead to her.
"Please.. please get me out of here"
"Sorry hunny, you can't leave without an adopters, rules is rules"
"FINE fine just give me a room to myself" I ask.
She eventually gets me a new room that I'm able to stay in, far away from Kayla.

It was the morning after, I looked out of the window once again hoping that the boys would be my saviours like they were before. The mailman came to the reception desk like he did every morning.

Kaylas POV

Honestly, Y/N is so pathetic, I'm trying to help her and now she's gone and got another room. Why couldn't I be put with Why Don't We? It's not fair at all. A postcard was slid underneath my door, the photo was a photo of the Why Don't We boys and I flipped it over to read a message. What was the point of sending postcards anyway, we can't even send any back.

Dear Y/N,

Hey Y/N, just to let you know that we are safe, we assume you're in this orphanage but obviously weren't not sure. Anyway, we hope that you can come home soon, we miss you already, you were the best thing to happen to us and nobody else could compare. We love you.

From, the why don't we boys xx

I read the postcard then held it down as I looked out of the window in thought before ripping up the postcard and throwing it into the bin behind me.

Corbyns POV

We hadn't seen Y/N in 2 days now, it was really lonely here in the house, it was same old same old like it was before we even met her. Sure, music is fun, it's our job, but family comes first.
We were in the studio today, writing some songs for our new EP, as cheesy as it sounds, when we were writing most of the songs, we had Y/N in mind. I really hope she comes back to us one day.

Daniels POV

I considered through the day whether or not we should let our fans know about what's going on in our lives, but it is really personal so I decided to tweet just in small detail.

Y/N won't be with us as often because she's working on her own things, but we still love her dearly

I had to lie, there was no other option. I doubt talking about how she was kidnapped, how we were dropped from our record label, Y/N almost died, we went to six flags and now she's gone somewhere could be fit into 140 characters. However, we just went about our days as usual, Y/N was going to leave one way or another, I really wish she didn't lead to that choice. I know we are her adopters and are expected to keep her safe, but she's 15, she's starting to make her own decisions now..