Chapter 11: We the Party

Zachs POV

We slept for most of the day, from 3am to 3:00pm, 2 hours away from the concert starting. We got there for 3:30 so that we had time to get our microphones fixed and get the confetti cannon set up for when Y/N walks on stage. The sound of screams could be heard from outside, it was eager fans waiting to come and watch the show. Once we had set up the stage, we went back backstage. All of the concert-goers were let inside the venue, all sprinting to stand at the front of stage. We could hear the excitement vividly as fans see the backdrop of the stage, realising that they were actually here and it really was happening.

We all gathered backstage, the band and our tour team, once again, with arms on shoulders, giving each other a pep talk. Eben spoke up.
"Okay guys, this is the moment, this is one of our biggest venues to perform in so I think the should show them what we really are capable of"
"Sing like you've never sang before" August added on, with his camera by his side, waiting to get photos of the boys when they go on stage.
"Why Don't We, why don't we" was being chanted from the fans, desperate for us to walk out and begin the concert.
"One two three, Why Don't We, this is only the beginning" we broke the circle.
"Let's do this" Daniel lead the line as we began to walk on stage.
As part of the choreography, we had to talk on the stage with blank faces and hands behind our back, then turn our backs to them and spin back around singing 'Never Know', so we did, and it was one of the best turn outs we've ever seen for a concert.

While we were singing, I tried to keep an eye out for Y/N but it was difficult to, considering there were so many people and I had to concentrate on the choreography. Once we finished singing 'Never Know', we were allowed to introduce ourselves to the crowd.
"What's up Florida?" Jonah shouted, pointing his microphone to the crowd to pick up their screams.
"If you didn't know already, we are Why Don't We, if you didn't know, why are you here?" Jack laughed.
"If you saw our instagram story, then you know that we invited our friend Y/N to come and watch us today, so let's take a minute to be quiet so we can ask this, if you see Y/N next to you, please raise your hand". All of our fans knew what Y/N looked like because she has been on our instagram story a few times. It's unfortunate that some people don't like Y/N because she was adopted into our house and not them.

After I asked people to raise their hand, I took a look around the venue, looking closely at each person. Nobody raised their hand. I looked at Jack in confusion and held the microphone away from my mouth so that I could talk to him. "Did she not turn up?!" I whisper to him as he leaned towards me. "I don't know, we just need to carry on with the show!" He whispered back. I refused to believe that she simply just didn't want to come. "Uh, one minute guys" I run off stage, checking she wasn't backstage waiting to surprise us or something like that. I could hear the crowd gasp behind me in confusion as to why I ran off. Let's just hope that Daniel is willing to explain it, he'll know why.

I looked down the backstage tunnels where staff huddled together, trying to organise the show when one of them turned to me. "Zach?! What are you doing? Get back out there!" He demanded in frustration. I couldn't go back out there just yet, I needed to look for Y/N. After turning what seemed like never ending corners, there was a girl standing at the end of the hall with her back turned. "Y/N!" I shout running towards her, god I thought she was going to stand us up, she was going to surprise us!

The girl turned around, it wasn't Y/N. I look at the woman in confusion.
"Who's Y/N?" She questions, but I didn't hear her because I had turned around and paced back down the hallways.

"Eben!" I run back down the halls to find Eben (our producer) looking uncomfortably at the stage, obviously wondering why I ran off. Eben knew about Y/N ever since we announced it publicly, he just had never met her. "Eben, Y/N was meant to be here this show, she's not here, can you call her uncle? Please. This is his number" I gave him a piece of paper with Y/Ns uncles number on it before running back on stage.

"Sorry about that guys! My microphone died, it always happens to me" I laugh awkwardly as the rest of the guys look at me in confusion, their eyes spoke a thousand words and I knew that they were also wondering where Y/N was.

However, we sung a few more songs and everyone looked like they were having an amazing time, but then I look into the wings of the stage to see Eben pointing at his phone frantically as if he wanted to tell me something, I felt so bad for not having my full attention on the concert, but this was my personal life that I had to take care of, and that mattered more to me. I sneakily walked off stage while the boys were singing 'Tell me'. "What is it Eben? You're gonna have to make the explanation fast" my heart was pounding so fast out of worry, my gut was telling me that something was wrong, I found it hard to believe that she just wouldn't turn up, surely she doesn't hate us that badly.
"Her uncle picked up, breathed down the microphone for a little while, and in the background of the call you can hear someone screaming", Eben replayed the call for me to hear, he has an app that saves his calls for situations like this conveniently. I could hear the screaming faintly in the background and it sounded vaguely like Y/N, I could hear her accent from a mile off. I couldn't tell the guys after the show, we needed to get her now, we still had about an hour of show left. "Yo.. yo guys come into the wings" I hollered the guys into the wings, speaking into my microphone, everyone could hear me. "It looks like we have some personal issues going on guys, if you wouldn't mind for just a minute, sorry about this" Daniel apologised.

They all ran to me in the wings and Eben played the phone call recording again. "Don't tell me that's Y/N" Jonah had his hands behind his head waiting for me to tell him the news. "We think it's Y/N, that was her uncle that was breathing down the phone" Eben admitted. Corbyn ran to the stage management telling them to sound an intercom telling fans that the concert has to be cut short.

We all ran out of the doors of the venue and called the police. "Hello this is the Los Angeles police department, what is your emergency?"
"Hey, can we speak to Officer Davies please, the one who held Y/N Y/LNs case".
"Yes I will put you forward to him now". I could hear the phone being hung up and Officer Davies picked up the call.
"Officer, it's Zach Herron, one of Y/Ns adopters".
"Hello, Zach how can I help you?".
"We need Y/Ns uncles address, we think she is in danger".
"His address is 65 Florida lane, however that isn't something that you should be handling without the police mr Her..." I hung up the call without hearing the final words to his sentence.
We called a taxi and within minutes, it turned up.
"Can you take us to 65 Florida lane, please" I said to the taxi driver with my heart pounding out of my chest still.
"That will be $20 please sir"
It was really pricey to be paying that much just to drive a few miles from where our venue was, but we were desperate to get there fast so I payed it anyway.

We arrived at the mansion, gasping for air from running. Knocking on the door with the knocker frantically, waiting and hoping that someone would open the door.