Chapter 7: Never Know

Y/Ns POV (back to present)

I must've slept for hours because I woke up from my dream with sunlight beaming through the misted windows and I half expected to see Jonah strut through the door singing good morning like he used to, but instead I awoke to the intercom screaming down my eardrums. Because that's just what everyone wants to hear in the morning. "Good morning, Y/N. Breakfast is ready downstairs". Uncle David said. Now, I know what you're thinking, uncle isn't that bad, this just seems like a normal life. If only you saw what he did to me last time I was here.

Out of breath from dragging myself down what seemed like a never ending set of stairs, I arrived in the pearl white kitchen where bacon and eggs was set out next to a pint of orange juice. "Hello Y/N, how are you" David spun around and asked.
"I'm good.." I said half asleep and stumbling back and forth on my own feet from standing up too fast from bed.
"I searched up those boys that adopted you last night and they are quite famous aren't they"
"They're not that famous" I replied, remembering my conversation with Jonah when I first discovered Why Don't We's twitter and instagram, I knew they were famous, despite them being humble enough to not call themselves that.
"I don't like them" he sighes under his breath.
"How come? What have they ever done to you?"
There was a long break of silence, not even a swift of wind could be heard.
"Today Y/N, we are going shopping, my treat"
"Okay...sure" I was willing to give him a second chance, he definitely wasn't like this last time.

We arrived at the mall and headed straight to Urban Outfitters. "Pick out anything you want, I'll buy you whatever".
I pick out 3 outfits:

I was so used to not being able to afford clothes like this when I lived with my parents, I could only look at the outfits in shop windows because I couldn't afford them, now look at me

The rest of our day was spent in the mall, the only thoughts running through my mind were: do the guys miss me, did they even care at all? I look at my phone, the guys posted a video to their instagram. "Hey limelights! Just wanted to let you know that we are so excited to be starting our next tour and we hope you are too! See you there!"
I could physically feel my heart shatter into a million pieces. I could tell that they were keeping in their real feelings through their forced smiles. I just wished that I could be with them. Our final stop in the mall was to Starbucks, we sat in a booth and I had my favourite drink, a caramel cream frappucino. I carried on looking at my phone for the rest of the time we was at Starbucks, I tried to avoid talking to my uncle as much as possible. I went to go put my empty cup in my bin, leaving the phone on the table and forgetting it there.

Jacks POV

Corbyn pressed the record button lightly after recording the message to our fans. "We should've given a special message to Y/N.. just to ask her how she's doing" I stated. Corbyn holds the phone up once again, this time our smiles were real, we really did care about her, we hope she just feels the same about us. We decided that we would each give a little message of our own.
"What's up Y/N, just want to let you know that we really really do miss you and we hope you feel the same. This isn't the end of the Why Don't We and Y/N story." Corbyn smiled.
"You have no clue how much you changed our lives Y/N, we hope life at your uncles is treating you well. We love you so much." Zach said, anyone could tell that he felt like big brother to Y/N by the way he said that sentence.
"Yo! Y/N, just so that you know, this entire tour is dedicated to you, we are going to make sure that you are known and treated well by the limelights, missing you always." Daniel added on.
"As said before, we all love you so much and we hope that you'll never doubt that. This seems like a bad situation, and we are truly sorry. Always here for you" Jonah sighed.

Concluding the emotional messages, was me.
"Hey Y/N, noodles here" I chuckled.
"I just want to invite you to our show in Florida. The tickets will be free, we want to see you as soon as we can so we will meet up with you backstage if you want to see us as much as we want to see you, hope to see you there. Love and miss you". Corbyn presses the record button yet again, ending the video. A sigh of sorrow fills every corner of the room and collapses in on us. We decide to post the video onto our instagram story in the hope that she will have the time to open it.

Y/Ns POV

It was only when we got back to my uncles house was it that I realised I left my phone on the Starbucks table. Maybe the boys were right, I'm not capable of taking care of myself if I can't even remember to pick up a dang phone. How I was meant to contact the boys now, I don't know. How do I tell them my address, I don't know. All I do know, is that I'm leaving here as soon as I can, one way or another. I climb up to my room and was left gasping for air, it felt like I was climbing up Mount Everest with no equipment, I probably just need to go to the gym. As I was hanging up my new sets of clothes in my wardrobe, a pain overcame me. It caused me to faint and land flat on the cold wooden floor.

My eyes opened, the boys were looking down at me

"Where am I?" I murmur before looking up and seeing the boys looking down at me

"Where am I?" I murmur before looking up and seeing the boys looking down at me. I pick myself up and go to hug them, my arm and hand disappears right through them as if they were smoke. I wanted to hug them, but I couldn't. It was as if some sort of barrier was blocking me. All of a sudden, the faded away into thin air.
"No.. don't leave me.. please don't" I cry and collapse to my knees.
Darkness grows thicker and thicker around me and caves in on me until I was fully consumed, it felt like a crate full of the heaviest bricks were being dropped on my head until I was eventually free of the pressure. I opened my eyes yet again but this time I was in my bedroom in my uncles house with maids all around me, two with large medical packs. I've never seen these maids before, they didn't speak to me, they looked possessed or something, they didn't blink. I had an arm strap around my upper arm to test my pulse and a cold cloth on my forehead. "Where are they? Where's the boys?" I murmur. "You're not Corbyn" I look at one of the maids. "You're not Jack?" I look at another. What had just happened?
"Get her to the hospital" Uncle David orders. I'm picked up bridal style by one of the maids and laid in the back of a car, the car revved and sped off on the highway, overtaking cars left right and centre. I didn't know where I was, I was being thrown around as we drifted around corners and made one final curve until the car stopped, the door opened and a group of people rushed towards me, lifting up my limbs. Was I dying?