Chapter 6: Air of the Night

The fact that my uncle sent a taxi for me makes me sick to my stomach. God knows what that man is waiting to do while I'm sat in this crammed black car, I just want to open the door and throw myself out. But I couldn't. I don't have any money, I don't have anywhere to stay. I stared out the window for the entirety of the journey, whatever I saw I imagined to link it back to my time with why don't we. Guitar shops, Jamba juices, apartment buildings, even regular old streets I could link to them. Hell I missed the guys, maybe I shouldn't have been so rough on them. After all, they did try to keep me, so they say.

It wasn't long before our taxi turned into his driveway. It is fair to say that my uncle David was rich, he lives in a mansion which means that he feels like he can do whatever he wants and get away with it, sadly, last time he did get away with it. Slowly and cautiously, I walk up to his door with my feet rustling on the doormat and then gradually, moving the door knocker and knocking the door 3 times before a tall man opens the door, he had balding hair and a large, thick beard. His eyes were thin and his lips were small, it was my uncle.
"Y/N!" He says happily, smiling at me. What is his deal? Has he really changed?
"Hi... uncle David" I said, hesitating in between words.
"Please, come in. I'll get you some coffee"
"Oh I don't like.... coffee" by the time I could say those words, he was already on the other end of the house in the kitchen.
I walked in his house and closed the door behind me. I slowly approach his diamond encrusted leather chairs, set out opposite the most expensive flat screens that money can buy.

Uncle David gradually came closer to finishing making my coffee, even though I didn't ask for one. My heart pounded out my chest, I had only been here for a few minutes and already I wanted the boys to be here, i feel safe around them. A few days was enough to change me forever.  He sat down while I was drowning in an ocean of thought, I was staring at my feet awkwardly. "So.. Y/N. I need to ask, how have you been?"
"I've been good... really good actually"
"Who adopted you?" He said quickly, I couldn't make out a single word that he said.
"E..excuse me?"
"Who adopted you?" He said a bit slower. It confused why he asked me this, the guys contacted him to let him know that I would be coming, so why does he want to hear it again?
"Just some guys" I said, in case he forgot talking to them before.
"When I talked to them on the phone, they sounded quite young.." he said with a sinister tone to his voice, I was deadly scared of that man.
"That doesn't really matter does it?" I replied confidently, attempting to throw my anxiety across the room but instead, it came back and hit me.
"Oh it does when it comes to what they did with you"
"Did with me?" I questioned him. What was he playing at?
"They were the sweetest guys ev.."
"Well at least you're here now, safe and sound" he interrupted me. Asking me a question then stopping me half way through the answer? How rude. 
"Why don't you go unpack in your room Y/N"
"Yeah, sure"

I pace up to my room on the third floor of the mansion. The house is so big that it needs intercom in each room for me to hear anyone, sort of like in the orphanage, I wouldn't be surprised if he now had a schedule that guests have to follow in his house in case the intercom stops working. I can safely say, despite this being a mansion, literally anyone's dream house. I miss home. My real home, with the guys. Dang I miss them. I wonder what they're doing right now. I open the door to my room, 4th room on the third floor and I sit on my bed, looking at the ceiling until gradually, falling asleep.

Jonahs POV (just after Y/N took off)

There it goes, Y/N s plane. We all watch it take off in the distance, trying to hold back the tears. The point of us taking her in was to give her a better life, now look at us, sending her away because we can't take care of her. I have no doubt that she probably hates us right now. Zach couldn't hold in his tears and starts crying with his back turned so that he didn't get attention, but I noticed.
"Zach, this isn't the last time you'll see her"
"We've been such shit guardians Jonah, don't you see? Look, we've just sent her away to someone who she chose not to go to in the first place". He snapped. I could tell that he was mad, this isn't Zach. He is just upset about the whole situation.
"Listen Zach, I understand you're upset, we only have to do tour then we can see her". Lying was the only thing I could do in order to cheer him up. I hope we see Y/N but it all depends on what the tour team thinks is best for us. Hell, I do miss her though already.

Corbyns POV (an hour later from Jonahs)

Y/N took off about an hour ago, we ended up stopping off at McDonald's on the way home to take our mind off of it. We really should've convinced management that we could take Y/N on tour, but it wouldn't be safe for her. Jack and Zach sat staring at their food, not touching it. I decide to break the silence.
"So... you guys excited for tour?"
Nothing. They all sat there without speaking.
"Think about all of the people we will meet guys, cmon we can't stay upset forever" I encourage them to speak. Jack tilts his head up slightly.
"I never thought that one person could change a life, I can safely say, we all want Y/N to be on that tour and I can safely say, tour will feel empty without her, without her happiness".
A sigh is let out amongst the group. Jack and Zach eventually force feed themselves so that we were able to go home, tissues in hand.

Y/Ns POV (future)

"HEY! Hey what are you doing?"

-----------------------------------------------------
ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER IM SO SO SORRY. I really hope you guys are enjoying these chapters, I'm sorry that they are very depressing at the minute. Anyway, have a great rest of your day/night and thanks for reading chapter 6 :)