Chapter 17: On My Way

Y/Ns POV

We reached the car rental place and Corbyn walked in first to talk to the staff, we decided that to save the embarrassment, we would stay outside with the suitcases because Corbyn is very good at getting what he wants, in this case, a good rental car. Looking through the clear door, I saw Corbyn speaking to a man in a suit, sat down at a office desk. I'll admit, we don't look like the most responsible people ever with my baggy hoodies and the boys in their concert outfits, they hadn't changed because they were looking after me ever since. It started getting dark, according to Jonahs watch it was 7pm.

"So guys, game plan, when we get the car, where are we going to go? It's getting dark" Jack asked whilst he leant onto my wheelchair.
"Every airport has a hotel near to it, so let's just look around the airport" Jonah suggested
"Good idea" Zach agreed. It wasn't long before Corbyn walked out of the office and approached us. "I've paid for the rent, we can choose any car from Block B"
We looked over at block B and it was filled with old, used cars. I guess he didn't want to pay massive amounts for a fancy car.

"Let's try this one, there's enough room for all of us in there" Zach pointed to a rusty 7 seater car in the distance.
"I guess it'll do.." Daniel sighed.
"Who's driving?" Zach asked, hoping for nobody to step up so that he could drive.
"Me, considering I showed my drivers license" Corbyn replied.

Jonah and Daniel stayed out of the car with me so that they could lift me into my seat and place the wheelchair into the back. Zach sat in the front, wanting to navigate where to drive. He reached from underneath his chair to find a map and held it up, Corbyn looked at him in worry because Zach was only 16.
The engine revved for a long amount of time, refusing to start but after a few attempts, the car finally started to move with a cloud of black smoke coming from the sides and back of the car.

Surprisingly, Zach didn't do too bad navigating Corbyn, we eventually reached the airport and parked at a large hotel tower.

Corbyns POV

I walked to the reception desk again because I know how to get my own way, there was a man with glasses and long brown hair watching me approach the desk.
"Hello, how can I help you?" The man asked with a large smile on his face, it almost looked forced.
"Do you have any rooms that we can use for the night?"
"We do however they will be a tad more expensive since you are booking so soon"
"How much?"
"$200 per room"
My jaw dropped. $200 for a room? For the night?! I wasn't going to take a risk and shut this offer down, but I'm going to be broke after this.
"Uh.. can we have 2 rooms?"
"Absolutely, just place your card into the machine"
I thought organising everything for others were meant to come with luck, because I've just spent so much money on rooms and rental cars while they are sat in the withering car. I held my hand out, gesturing for the rest of them to come into the lobby.

Daniels POV

In a room it was me, Y/N and Corbyn while in the other room was Jonah, Zach and Jack. We all left our suitcases in the car because we were only staying overnight.
"There's only 2 single beds" Y/N said quietly.
"I'll sleep on the floor"
"What? You don't have to do that"
"It's fine, I'll be booking our flight for tomorrow anyway"
The hotel we were in had free wifi so I opened up my twitter to see thousands of fans questioning where we had disappeared to because we ran off stage and haven't been on the internet ever since. My mentions were flooded with tweets asking:
"Where have they gone?"
"It'll only be personal things like they said, they'll be fine"
"Where's why don't we??"
"Okay which one of you kidnapped them"
I thought that it would be unfair if I didn't update them on the situation, not in every detail, but vaguely. I could see Corbyn help Y/N out of her wheelchair before he went to his own bed and fell asleep in no time, Y/N doing the same.
I wrote down on a notes page and tweeted the screenshot:

Guys, all of Why Don't We are okay, we've had some personal issues to come to regarding Y/Ns wellbeing, I'm sure you've heard about our tour being cancelled, we are so sorry to those who bought tickets, we will be back soon once this whole issue has been fixed. Love you all x

I checked the replies briefly and they were all being supportive and understanding which I'm glad about. I then went onto the American Airlines website to get tickets for a flight, the tickets were very expensive, but we needed to do what we can in order to get home, it wasn't the time to be cheap. It didn't take long before I was able to buy tickets from Miami to LAX tomorrow morning. A DM from Jack came to my phone.
"What are we doing about plane tickets?"
"I've just bought some for tomorrow morning"
"Nice one" he replied before I turned off my phone, and went to sleep on the floor. I didn't mind being on the floor, I always make sure others are put before myself, these were the people I care most about after all.

-----------------------------------------------
This chapter is shorter than normal and it's not the best chapter I've written, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless x