Prologue

I'm in my truck, driving as fast as I can. Trying to get away from this place that has bittersweet memories. I felt something wet on my face and I realized that I was crying.  And than I remembered what happened an hour before the tears came. Hunter... Marissa... Her wicked smile... and me screaming and crying. But for some reason this memory seemed different. Instead of Hunter saying "I'm sorry!" over and over again. He was yelling "Wake up!"  

     I then suddenly woke up. Sitting up in my bed, I looked over and saw my best friend, Jordan, kneeling next to my bed. 

     "Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded in response as I processed that it was just another one of my dreams or flashbacks and sometimes  considered nightmares. 

     " Did you have one of the dreams again?" she questioned me again. 

     " No... I'm sweating and crying for no reason."  I said sarcastically.

     "Hey, don't get smart with me. I was hoping with a simple yes or no." she said back.

     I nodded my head, "Yeah, I had one of them again. I wish they would go away, I mean it's been two years."

     She looked at me with pity and sadness " I know  Ams, I know. How about we go check on horses and then go grab something to eat, okay?" I just nodded. I got up smiling and put my boots on , I couldn't wait to see my girl!