Chapter One

^Marie Avgeropoulos as Amber Jennings^

     "All right folks! Now that we are done with the bareback bronc riding we are going to move onto barrel racing!" the announcer said excitedly. The crowed cheered. I watched as the rodeo crew set up the barrels. 

     "All right, first we have Miss Lauren May. Good luck Lauren!" the announcer said. Lauren started her run good, the first barrel was perfect but, she almost knocked over the second because she didn't look up. The third barrel was clean and she was coming home. The crowd was cheering and I didn't know if they could get any louder.

     "Lauren May comes in with an amazing 16.2 seconds. Way to go Lauren! Up next we have Macy Andersen!" the announcer went over Macy's run and a few more girls'. There were five more riders left. I was second to last and Jordan was coming up.

     "All right Jordan Fewkes is up next and there she goes!" said the announcer, loudly. People in the stands were giving me crazy looks as I encouraged Jordan and her horse, Cora, along.

"Go Jordan go! Push her! Bring her home!" I yelled.

"Miss Jordan Fewkes came in with a 14.7 and is so far sitting in second," the announcer once again said.

"Way to go Jord," I said. She smiled and thanked me. One more run to go and then it was my turn.

     As I circled my buckskin mare, Timber, I got ready to shoot down the alleyway. And before I knew it, we were off like a crack of a whip. Running so fast that it was probably impossible for someone to catch us. Our turns were perfect and it made me fall in love with my beautiful mare all the more. We came home and we finished the pattern with a 14 second flat.

     Timber and I came in first with Jordan and Cora in third. I went to go cool Timber off and than changed my tack from my barrel saddle to my Full Double roping saddle. I hurried and cleaned off her boots since they had some dirt in them and took them off for the time being. They are doing bull riding before the tie down and Jordan is making me watch. So I took off Timber's bridle, put on her halter, and tied her to the trailer. I was currently waiting for Jordan to finish up un-tacking Cora. 

 I was lost in my own world and didn't realize that she was waving her hand in front of my face.

   "Hello? Anybody home?" she asked. I laughed, "Sorry, I was lost in my own world." She laughed too and shook her head. "That's okay. Let's go watch them bull riders!" She practically yelled. I just rolled my eyes and walked with her over to the stands getting ready to watch the bulls and their riders for tonight.