Chapter Thirty-One

We walked downstairs to the kitchen with RaeLynn greeting us with her mouth full of pancakes. Tatum and I laughed at her silliness.

"Good Morning!" Tatum's grandma exclaimed while flipping pancakes. "The food is hot so dive in!"

"Thank you," I said. "It looks delicious."

"Oh you're too kind." She replied.

Tatum handed me a plate and we dished up our breakfast. I poured maple syrup on mine and started eating and noticed Tatum had syrup and whip cream on his pancakes and was practically inhaling the humongous stack. Like seriously where does it all go?

"Your grandpa needs your help today with that south fence," Lena said. 

"I was going to show Amber around town today," He says in protest. 

I opened my mouth to speak but Abby walked in and she beat me to it, "No she's coming with me. I have a couple of last minute wedding things to do and she needs a dress."

Tatum gave a childish pout and I laughed at his antics. 

"What's so funny Gem?" he asks with a smirk and for some reason all of my comebacks seem to fly out the window and I blushed.

I BLUSHED.

"Nothing," I shrugged trying to act nonchalant. But I couldn't. I had butterflies and I hated that I had butterflies.

Tatum winked at me as if he knew he had an affect on me.

He's a butt.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued eating my delicious breakfast. 

*****

"I'm sorry I have to leave you with my crazy sister," Tatum said. 

I laughed, "She's not crazy."

"She is too!" He said childishly.

I gave him a look and he just shrugged his shoulders. He was leaning against the doorway of the bathroom while I was pulling my hair up into a ponytail. 

I heard him take a sharp intake of breath and mutter, "Damn."

I looked over to him in question, "What?" His face was instantly red.

"N-Nothing," He stuttered.

"You're blushing," I stated with a smirk. 

"Was not." He said and stuck out his tongue.

"You're a child," I said with a roll of my eyes. 

"At heart," He says and I snort. 

"Tatum! Grampa needs you!" RaeLynn's voice echoed.

"Duty calls," Tatum sighs. I turned toward him so I could go get my shoes. "You promise you're ok with going with them to town?"

"Of course I am," I say while putting my shoes on, "I like them."

"Alright," He says not sounding convincing.

"What is it Cowboy?" I ask him and walk towards him.

"Nothing." He says with a shrug.

"You're gonna miss me aren't you?" I say once I stand in front of him and I slowly start to drag my hand up his arm. 

"Yes." He says with zero hesitation and I laugh.

"You didn't even try to deny it," I say. 

"I could never," he says putting his hand on my hip and we slowly lean closer until we're just about to kiss but of course fate is cruel and we get interrupted.