Chapter Twelve

Why was he here? I didn't want him here. I looked at Jordan and she was angry, glaring at Hunter. I looked back at him and he was still smiling in that we're-talking-later kind of smile. It sickens me. He sickens me. I hurried and exited the arena and made Timber break into a trot. That way, I didn't have to hear Hunter's pathetic excuses and terrifying threats.

     He probably came to watch one of his new girlfriends. Unless he is still with that Marissa girl. Man, I always hated her. I almost was past the crowd when I felt a hand touch my leg. I looked down and saw that it was the one and only. I gulped slightly and grabbed his hand and pushed him away from me. Which is kind of difficult when you're on a horse.

     "Amber." Hunter said and I glared at him. I shook my head and made Timber trot faster. I needed to get out of here and I saw Jordan in front of me, looks like she already knew what I wanted.

     I approached her and I hurried and hopped off. "Let's go." I said, just above a whisper. Just seeing Hunter again brought back painful memories. 

     "It's a good thing that I already got our cash." she said. I just nodded as I quickly unsaddled Timber and loaded her in the trailer. Jordan backed the truck up and we hitched up. Just as we were pulling away my phone buzzed. I pulled it out to see an unknown number.

  Where are you going? I was just coming to tell you good job.

    I was confused as to who in the world just texted me so I responded back.

Who is this?

Their reply instant.

Tatum.

How did he get my number?

How did you get my number?

When you left to go to the bathroom I put your number in my phone.

That makes sense now. "Who you texting?" Jordan asked me. I looked at her and smiled a bit.

"Tatum." I said. She laughed and shook her head. I replied to Tatum.

I had to leave. Emergency.

What else was I supposed to say? I wasn't ready to share my past with this guy. I barely knew him for goodness sake. He didn't respond back, just left it at read. Probably went to go hang out with a friend or some buckle bunny. Screw my crush on him. 

    "I think I want to go home for a bit Jordan." I said. She looked taken aback but silently agreed with me. 

Home Sweet Home. Note the sarcasm.

Author's Note: Hi guys, I updated early. But there should be an update tomorrow. A longer one at that. I hope you guys enjoyed it! Vote! Comment! Please!