Chapter Nine

^Amber's outfit for her date^ 

     Why did I agree to this?

     That's the first thing I thought when I told Jordan that Tatum asked me out on a date. She screamed and went straight to our mini closet and suitcases to find me something "suitable" to wear she said. While she was searching for an outfit, I hopped into the shower. Which somewhat helped me with my thoughts.

     I didn't know where Tatum was taking me and I didn't know why in the world I agreed to this in the first place. But just as my thoughts went back to the past and quickly recovered from them and forgot about them. 

     "Ams! Hurry up!" Jordan yelled over the running water of the shower. I shook my head and her impatient personality. I turned off the water and dried myself off with a towel. And when I hopped out and noticed the closed door and the outfit Jordan picked for me on the sink of the bathroom. And quickly changed into it.

     Jordan always has had the best sense of style. Me, I would just throw on a random t-shirt and jeans and call it good. But for special occasions I am capable of dressing myself up. After I got dressed I then proceeded to blow dry my hair. After I finished I had Jordan come in and curl my hair. I physically can not curl my hair. She curled it in loose waves, which I love when she does it. I looked at the time on my phone and noticed that I still had 15 minutes until Tatum would come to get me. Which brought me back to when he asked me out on the date.

      "Yes, I would love to go out on a date with you," I said, smiling slightly. Tatum's face went from disappointment to pure joy and shock.

     "Y- You will?" he asked still quite unsure.

     "I will." I stated back. Tatum literally jumped into the air in excitement. He kissed me on the cheek. 

     "Great," he said," I'll pick you up at 7:00." And with that he walked away to who knows where.

"Hello? Anybody in there?" Jordan asked me and tapped me on the shoulder with a brush.

 "Sorry," I said sheepishly," I kind of got lost in my own world." She smiled knowingly at me and winked.

    "Sure you did." she said and I rolled my eyes. "All done." she said a few moments later. I looked in the mirror and noticed that in my reverie that Jordan also did my makeup which I always prefer to be light. As if on cue a knock sounded on the trailer door. "I'll get it. You get some shoes on." Jordan said. I looked at my feet and noticed that indeed I had no shoes on.

     "Hello," Jordan said. 

     "Hello, Miss Fewkes" Tatum's deep, husky voice replied.

     "You remember my name, huh?" she says, in some surprise. I rolled my eyes at her response and quickly got a clean pair of boots on.

     "Of course," he says.

     "Well you treat my girl, right? You here?" Jordan orders.

     "Yes ma'am." Tatum responds with much respect in his voice. And before Jordan says anything more I cut in.

     "Alright that's enough Jord." I say. She glares at me teasingly. I looked at Tatum and smiled. "Hi" I say.

     "Hi," he says back," You look amazing," he tells me. His eyes trailing my body.

     "Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself." I said. He smiles, that smile weakens my knees. Tatum looks dang good. And his eyes are sparkling today.

     "I got these for you," he says, pulling out a bouquet of an assortment of daises.

     "Thank you, they're beautiful." I reply, smiling at the gesture and put them in a cup and fill them with water. "Shall we go?" I ask. Tatum offers me his arm and nods his head and waves to bye to Jordan with me. We walk to Tatum's truck that is parked just a few feet away and he opens the door for me. "After you." he says.

      " Thank you." I said. He closed the door and  walked to his side of the truck and hopped in. "Where are we going, Tatum?" I ask. He looks and me and smiles with mystery under that smile.

     "It's a surprise." he says. 

    Oh boy.

Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter tomorrow's will be longer. Please,  Vote and Comment and let me know what you guys think!