Chapter Eight

I was walking towards Timber and I passed some "buckle bunnies". I'm not one to hate on people but, these girls, especially the ones that I'm passing right now, are terrible. They were surrounding a calf roper, who was enjoying the attention.

     I walked past the group of girls and I see in the corner of my eye that they all are sneaking glances at me. They all had caked on make up and their hair was all perfect. I can barely curl my hair nice without getting frustrated. I ignored the eyes that were upon me and kept walking towards my girl. I'm excited for both of our runs tomorrow.

     I whistled lowly to get Timber's attention and she looked up from her hay bag. I opened the stall door and walked into it. I closed it shut behind me and loved on Timber. "Hey Timmy." I said, softly to her. She smelled my pockets to find any treats. I shook my head at her, she always expected a treat. I turned around to look at her water tub. Instantly glad that the tubs last longer than buckets.

     I opened the stall and shut it behind me and then proceeded to go turn on the hydrant and fill up her tub. I kinked the house and turned it on and walked back to Timber's stall that was just around the corner. And the same group of girls were surrounding Timber. 

     "Can I help you?" I asked as I approached them and put the hose in the tub. "Yeah. You can." one of the girls spoke up. I lifted up an eyebrow. "How much are you selling this horse for?" the same girl asked, pointing towards my horse. "She's not for sale." I stated.

      She looked at me in shock. Which judging by her appearance she probably hasn't ever been refused. "Well you see the thing is," she started,"I need a barrel horse in order for me to make it to the NFR." I looked at her and I instantly knew that she hasn't ridden a day in her life. "She's not for sale. Go find someone who actually is." This girl is really starting to piss me off.

     She huffed and walked away, her little followers trailing behind her. I heard water spilling over and hurried and rushed to turn it off. Once I successfully turned it off I remember something my mom used to tell me, "Girls who like hunting, fishing, guns, and even riding horses aren't weird. They're just a rare gift from God." I'll never forget those words and my mother's sweet voice.

      "Is your horse for sell ma'am." a vaguely familiar voice said. That's when I set off,"NO! She is not for sale. Never was, is and never will be!" I turned around to the person. "Whoa. Easy there tiger. I was just kidding gem." Tatum said. I calmed myself down and asked the question that has been looming through my mind since I yelled at him,"What are you doing?" He smiled softly at me," I wanted to see you." I blushed at that. "And," he continued," I wanted to ask you something."

     I froze at that. What is it that he is going to ask me? "I was wondering," he slowly started," If you would be willing to go on a date with me? Tonight." he asked. Whoa. I was not expecting that.

     Should I go on a date with him? Is it really worth it to get hurt again? I didn't know what to do. I looked at Timber and I saw what looked like encouragement in her eyes. "If you don't want to, I understand." Tatum said, looking defeated. I looked him in the eyes.

     "I would love to go on a date with you." I said. And I meant every word of it.

Author's Note: Please Vote and Comment! Let me know what you guys think. I won't be able to update until Monday. But I will try to get an update in tomorrow. I have a horse competition this Saturday and my birthday is on Sunday. So, I will update soon for you guys. Tell me what you like about Amber and Tatum, including the other characters. Thanks for reading!