Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: Prepare for an action packed chapter! I hope you enjoy and if you do press on the little star! And I really like this song and wanted to put this on. (Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Speak To A Girl)

I watched for a moment as the intoxicated man walked toward a trailer, that I prayed was his. 

"Tatum, what is he doing?" I ask cautiously. I flickered my gaze over to his and I saw his brow drawn together in confusion and slight anger.

"I don't know. Is your friend in the trailer?" he asks me, while he pulls the keys out of the ignition. 

"I think so. I'll go check." I respond, while I unbuckle my seat belt. 

"Just be careful. I'm going to go get him and take him to his trailer." Tatum says and we both hop out of his truck simultaneously. I walk towards my trailer and quickly glance back at Tatum and notice him heading after his friend. I mentally prepare myself for whatever I'm going to encounter inside my trailer.

I entered my trailer and the horrid smell slaps me in the face. Jordan's and I's clothes were strewn all over the floor and everything that was on either a shelf or a cupboard is joining our clothes. I heard a cough and a wheeze by the bathroom, so that's where I headed.

But, before I got any closer I pulled out my 12 Gauge Shotgun in a hidden cabinet. 

"Jordan?" I called out while stepping over a pile of garbage. I knocked on the bathroom door and then I opened it when I didn't receive any answer. I wasn't greeted by a happy Jordan. 

Tears were streaming down her face and there were marks upon any noticeable skin that would soon become bruises. She had a giant gash across her forearm and she whimpered when she saw me. 

"Jordan! What happened?" I cried out. I knelt in front of her and try to see what else was alarming surrounding us. 

"He hurt me Ams. I didn't think that he would hurt me." Jordan whispers. A single tear escaped her bloodshot eyes and it pained me to know that someone hurt my best friend.

"Who hurt you Jord?" I ask her. Did Jake do this? Is that why he was in my trailer? I will kill him or whoever did this. 

Before Jordan answered me she vomited into the toilet. But it wasn't your regular vomit. It was blood, dark splotches of it. 

"We need to go to the hospital. Now."

*******

My foot was thumping as I waited in the emergency room of any news regarding my best friend. I picked her up after I noticed the blood-vomit and rushed her into the hospital. It pained me to know that while I was off enjoying my time for the first time in a while, my friend was getting hurt. 

I looked up at the clock that was upon the wall and it notified me that it was 2:05 AM.  I sighed and rubbed hand across my face. Two hours. I have been waiting for any new for two hours.  A thought came across my mind that I haven't heard from Tatum. Without thinking I quickly pulled out my phone. 

A: Hey, I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.

I heard the swoosh and I mentally slapped myself for texting him at this time of night. He could be asleep. But I was surprised myself when I saw his name flash across my screen.

T: Yeah I'm good Gem :) The retard was a drunken mess. He took forever to get to his trailer and then he crashed on his couch. So, I didn't get the chance to question him. How are you? I was actually just about to come by.

 I rolled my eyes at his dumb nickname for me. 

A: I'm at the hospital.

T: What?! Are you okay? What happened?!