Chapter Seven

^Jake Henderson^

*Tatum's POV*

Beautiful.

     That's the one of the many words in my head right now, and they're all about Amber Jennings. I can't seem to get her out of my head. Her long, dark brown hair that outlines her tan face. Her vibrant green eyes that light up when she smiles or laughs.

     I shook out of my trance because Jake kept nudging me. "Dude, wake up." Jake said in between fits of laughter. I rolled my eyes at him, "Shut up." I said. "Tate." Jake said. I hummed in response, thinking about my ride tonight. He pointed, "Is that her?" I looked to where he was pointing and when I saw what he is was pointing at, or rather who, I smiled. I then realized that Jake was probably waiting for confirmation, so I nodded. 

     "Man," he said," Is that her friend? Because she's hot." I chuckled at him,"Yes, that's her best friend."

     There we were staring at the two most beautiful women that are on the circuit, even the world.  I didn't even register walking towards them until we got up to their table. Amber was glowing at something Jordan said and it made her nose crinkle and I loved it. I saw a drop of lemonade slip from her straw all the way down he mouth and I licked my lips. I couldn't help it.

*Amber POV*

     I was walking towards the chutes and I surprised myself for even going. But for some reason I felt like I could trust Tatum West. Isn't that funny? I trust a guy that I barely even now and you would think that I would just ignore Tatum West. But I can't, I've tried but I seriously can't. His dark hair, his eyes that can draw you in from anywhere, and that smile that always catches my breath. By then I started second guessing myself and almost turned around, almost. "You actually came." his deep husky voice stated. I could recognize that voice from anywhere. I looked him in the eyes and replied sarcastically," No, I came here to see another guy." He laughed softly at that but then paused, "Wait did you come to see another guy?" I rolled my eyes, "No of course not." He seemed happy about my answer. "So do I get a good luck kiss?" he asked. I looked at him shocked, but I will admit that I kind of want to kiss him. 

     " We never agreed on a kiss." I said. He looked like a deer caught in headlights once I said that. I smirked at that,"What's the matter? Cat caught your tongue?" He smirked back at me, "Well, when people use other forms of good luck, I don't do the best." Uh oh. I don't like where this is going, "However, a kiss right here," he points to his lips. Gosh, those lips, "always does wonders." he finishes. I just laugh and roll my eyes, attempting to hide my blush. 

     "West!" someone yells, "You're up in five!" Tatum cursed under his breath and then looked at me, " Now or never Gem." I looked at him silently debating on whether or not I wanted to kiss this man. I finally made up my decision and before he could walk away I grabbed his hands and pulled him to me.

     I grabbed his face lightly and put my lips on his. Tatum was shocked at first but quickly got over it as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him and kissed back. One of my hands were on his cheek and the other was in his hair. This kiss felt so good. He made me feel good. But before it could go any further I pulled back. Both in desperate need of air, but also so he wouldn't miss his gate call. We looked at each other for a moment.

     "This might sound stupid," he said," But that was a lot better than I imagined." I laughed lightly and nodded my head in agreement. "You have to go ride." I said. He looked slightly disappointed, "Watch me?" he asked. I nodded and he gave me another quick kiss before he jogged up to his chute. 

      I went up to where Jordan was sitting in the stands and watched as the next few bull riders got ready. Bull riding, like the rest of the rodeo events, had such an adrenaline rush. The bull getting excited to break out of  that chute and let loose when his rider gets on. I watched as the person before Tatum finish his six second ride. I then saw Tatum get on his bull that he drew and I instantly held my breath in both anticipation and nerves. He rubbed the rope with his gloved hand and then wrapped his hand with the rope to the cinch.

     He got himself situated, all of his attention on the bull. After a couple of seconds he nodded his head, giving the go ahead to unleash the 1300 lb animal loose. The bull unleashed his fury as soon as that gate opened, but Tatum held his form. The clock inched closer to  eight  seconds. Tow more seconds and he would place. Seven seconds. But then again, a lot can happen in one second.  Eight seconds. He made it.

     Tatum quickly got his hand loose after the buzzer went off and he abandoned the bull. Once Tatum got back on his feet he looked right at me and winked. I think my heart just melted a little. No one has ever made me do that, except for my little brothers.