Chapter Four

^Gage Jennings up above^

     I was running up the stairs with my brothers behind me, trying to find them a hiding spot. Somewhere where I haven't hidden them before. I'm just glad that my mom doesn't have to see this. I found a closet upstairs that I didn't even know we had. It was big enough to fit the three of them, and that was good enough for me. I quickly had Gage, Colter, and Rhett get in the closet.

     "Don't make any noise okay? You know the drill. And listen to Gage." I looked at Colter's and Rhett's horrified faces. Gage looked the calmest and was the first one to speak up, "Don't let him hurt you." I just nodded and kissed Colter's and Rhett's foreheads. "Remember, keep quiet, stay safe, and no matter what you hear don't come out until I come and get you. I can't let him get you too and because tonight I plan on us leaving." I said. They nodded their heads and Gage reluctantly agreed. "Good," I said," I love you guys."

     "We love you too," they said simultaneously. I chuckled," Don't do that! You know that's creepy."  They smiled and nodded again. I heard yelling and a loud thud  come from downstairs. I looked behind me and realized that I needed to hurry up. I smiled at my brothers and crawled out of the small closet. I shut the door and walked down the stairs and awaited for the doom that was meant for my brothers and I. But before I could finish this memory and get it over with my best friend woke me up.

     "Hello? Gosh Ams! You're really starting to freak me out with all the flashback-dream things you've been having lately." she said. I smiled sheepishly at her, "Sorry, they just kind of happen," She just nods her head," I know. How long has it been since the last one?" she questioned me. I shrug my shoulders, "Probably two months and before you say anything, I do not need to take the dreaded medicine. It takes disgusting."

      She rolls her eyes," I don't care if it tastes disgusting, you need to take it." I looked at her like she lost her mind and she probably did, "That's not what my doctor said." I smiled at her in victory. But before she could say anything else my phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID and smiled. It was Gage, my most enthusiastic and probably one of the best riders I know, 17 year old brother. I pressed on the green icon, accepting the call, and walked out of the trailer to go talk to my brother.

***time lapse *****

     After I finished my call with Gage, I informed Jordan that I was going for a ride. There was a trail that was behind the fairgrounds. As I was riding along  the trail atop of Timber, I took a deep breath of the fresh air surrounding us. I loved riding in the mountains, it always relaxed me. As I looked around I noticed a spring and a small creek full of the spring water. I let Timber take a drink and we continued along the path. We made it to a large meadow. Surrounding the meadow were large, 20 foot pine trees. This is where I decided I wanted to let Timber run. She loves the mountains as much as I do, maybe even more.

     We ran through the meadow and I felt so alive. the wind rushing through my hair and Timber's smooth gait. It made me think of wild horses and how amazing it would feel to be able to run wild and free.

     We came back down to a walk as we approached a rocky part of the trail. I looked up at the sky and noticed storm clouds gathering up above us and decided that we probably should head back. Once we were halfway back I felt light rain drops spray on my face. I love the smell of rain and how it seems to cleanse the earth. Timber snorted and stomped her hoof, being impatient, and telling me that she was ready to go back.

     We proceeded on the route back to the fairgrounds. Once we got back I unsaddled her and Timber and led her back to her stall and checked her water. Just before I walked a way someone spoke, "Hey there stranger."

Author's note: If you want the next chapter in the next couple of hours, I need one vote. Otherwise, you guys are going to have to wait until Monday. Thank you so much for the reads! I didn't even think that I would get any.