Chapter Six

^Hunter Johnson^

Jordan and I were currently sipping on lemonades, sitting at a table. I looked around and noticed a customer getting frustrated with a vendor, a little kid eyeing the cotton candy and ice cream, and a mom sipping on a coke while her daughter was licking an ice cream cone.

I smiled at that, seeing the love that the mother was holding in her eyes towards her daughter. And it made me begin to think about my mom and how things could've been different. But then I started thinking about me being a mother and I smiled softly.

"Two guys coming towards us. 2 o'clock." Jordan said. I turned slightly and recognized one of them as Tatum. I rolled my eyes, of course he's coming over here. "Isn't that Tatum?" she asked. I nodded, "I don't know who the other guy is though."

Jordan than suddenly gasped. I stared at her quizzically, "What?" She smiled at me and said," What if this is one of those cliche moments where one of the guys gets one girl and then the other guy gets the other girl and then BAM! Things happen and double wedding." I looked at her and shook my head in disbelief, "There is no way that we will be having a double wedding. Those things are just weird." She looked at me crazily, "But I love double weddings!" she whined. I chuckled," I'm sorry Sista." She huffed and turned her body away from mine, I chuckled again.

"Hey Amber," a deep, breathtaking voice said next me. I looked at him and smiled slightly, "Hey Tatum. What are you doing here?" He sat next to me, his friend on the other side of him. "I just felt like it," he said. "Hi,"Jordan said to Tatum's friend. They were staring at each other for a moment. He smiled at her, "Hi." he said and they shook hands. I shook my head and turned towards Tatum, but I caught someone else's stare.

Hunter.

Just thinking about him gives me the chills. I quickly looked at Tatum, silently hoping that Hunter didn't see me even though I know he did. As I came into eye contact with Tatum I startled myself. Before I could speak up I was once again interrupted and of course it had to be from the devil himself. "Did you make two guy friends Ams?" Hunter questioned. I stood up and looked at him. He towered over me with his 6' 2" height and I was only 5' 6".

"You don't get to call me that anymore Hunter," I said. He shrugged it off, "I'm sorry I don't think I caught our names." Tatum glared at Hunter. "Jake," Tatum's friend said. In the corner of my eye I could see Jordan light up at the name. "Tatum." Tatum grumbled. But before Hunter could make any snide remark I interrupted him, "Thanks for stopping by Hunter. But we need to go." Jake tried to protest but Tatum punched him in the arm.

Me and Jordan got up with our lemonades and walked away. Only glancing back occasionally towards Jake and Tatum. My heart was pounding as I confirmed a thought. Tonight I'm determined to see Tatum West tonight. As I thought more and more about Tatum I realized how hot looked earlier.